As you know, Ricoh made a very detailed announcement last week regarding the flagship DSLR camera with APS-c sensor. The camera has been in development and with this announcement the name is confirmed as the Pentax K-3 Mark III, plus pricing information and expected release date.
According to the given information the release date is around the period of the CP+ camera exhibition, which will be held from February 25 to 28 in 2021. Even the price tag is not decided yet. They refer to the video and we see the Pentax K-3 III price to be 200,000 yen. This makes the expected US price to be around $1,999. More details are as follows :
Ricoh has released further details on the next Pentax DSLR. It will be called the Pentax K-3 III, and comes with a 26mp APS-C sensor. Here are some of the key features from the video released by Pentax:
- New optical viewfinder, with 1.05x magnification, new glass material
- New shutter control mechanism, Touch-screen for improved operation, Improved user interface
- 1.6 million ISO (ISO100 to 1.6million) – Dramatic improvement in image quality, image sensor, image engine, and accelerator completely redesigned with
- Improved continuous shooting and tracking performance, 12fps continuous shooting, improved AF, with wider coverage and improved tracking for moving subjects
- 200,000 yen expected price ($1911 US, £1469 at current exchange rates)
Overview of the new product in development:
- Product name: PENTAX K-3 Mark III
- Launch date: The launch target is around the period of the CP+ camera exhibition, which will be held from February 25 to 28 in 2021.
- Price: Not decided (see video above)
- See Full Press Text
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.