The new Nikkor Z 70-200mm F2.8 VR S lens is finally in stock and shipping. Previously this optic were delayed ‘due to production reasons’ but now it will be available to ship in 1-2 days.
As part of the S-Line series of NIKKOR Z lenses, the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S ($2,596.95 – at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon) is a telephoto zoom lens that covers the 70 mm to 200 mm range of focal lengths with a constant fast maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout that range. It is a pro-grade telephoto lens and also the first full-frame tele-zoom for the Nikon Z system. The lens has Vibration Reduction built-in – which works in tandem with the Z6 and Z7‘s in-body IS system – and can reduce shake by up to 5 stops.
Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens Specifications
- Product type: Telephoto zoom lens
- Mount: Nikon Z
- Format: Full-frame (FX)
- Focal length: 70-200mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Construction: 21 elements in 18 groups (including 6 ED lens elements, 2 aspherical elements, 1 fluorite element, 1 SR lens element
- Coatings: Nano Crystal and ARNEO coats, and a fluorine-coated front lens element
- Focusing system: Internal autofocusing
- Minimum focus distance: at 70mm: 0.5m / 1.64 ft, 85mm: 0.63m / 2.07ft, 105mm: 0.68m / 2.23ft, 135mm: 0.8m / 2.62ft, 200mm: 1.0m / 3.28ft from focal plane
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.2x
- Stabilisation: Yes
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9
- Filter size: 77mm
- Weight: 1440g / 3lb 2.8 oz with the tripod collar, 1360g 3lb without the tripod collar
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): 89 x 220mm / 3.6 x 8.7inches
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!