Leica Camera released a new firmware update verison 3.0 for the Leica Q2 camra. The Leica Q2 is a fixed-lens, full-frame camera sporting a new 47.3MP sensor and a sharp, stabilized 28mm F1.7 Summilux lens.
Leica has paired the sensor with an updated Maestro processing engine to enable a sensitivity range of ISO 50–50,000, a maximum continuous shooting rate of up to 20fps with the electronic shutter, and 4K (3840 x2160) video recording at 24/30fps (or C4K 4096 x 2160 at 24p).
|Firmware Update 3.0|
|NEW||– The thumbwheel button is now also available for direct access in MF mode
– Size of the AF field can now be modified
|EXTENDED||– Display Settings and JPG Resolution can now be selected for favorites menu
– special setting options for Auto ISO in flash mode
|IMPROVED||– new user profile sequence
– improved picture quality and color rendering for JPG images
Download link: Leica Q2 Firmware Version 3.0
Leica Q2 Key Features
- New 47-megapixel full-frame image sensor (up from the Q’s 24 megapixels)
- ISO 50-50,000 range (compared to ISO 100-50,000 on the Q)
- Refined camera body design with weather sealing
- New OLED electronic viewfinder with 3.68-megapixel resolution
- Fixed Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH lens
- 35mm, 50mm and 75mm digital crop modes (the 75mm is new to the Q2)
- New Maestro II image processor powering 10 frames per second continuous shooting with autofocus
- 4K UHD and Cinema 4K video recording (the Q’s video topped out at Full HD resolution)
- New UHS-II support
- New battery design offering 30 percent increased battery life over the Q
- Built-in Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi (the inclusion of Bluetooth is new)
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.