The two rumored cameras will use the same sensors as their respective predecessors but feature dual Expeed processors. The company will be adding several important new features and replacing the current Nikon Z7 and Z6.
Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II Cameras now Listed at B&H. Here are some updated rumored specs of Nikon Z6 II and Nikon Z7 II:
Rumored Features Nikon Z6 II and Nikon Z7 II Cameras
- The new Nikon Z6 II will start shipping in mid-November, the Z7 II in January 2021
- New firmware for 4K/60p with 1.7x crop will be released in 2021
- Expect up to 30% price increase over current Nikon Z7 ($2,497) and Z6 ($1,797) models.
- The Z6 II and Z7 II camera sensors are the same as in the Z6/Z7 models, the improved AF is coming only from the extra/new processor
- The new Z6 II /Z7 II battery grip will be called MBN-11
- The Nikon MBN-11 will have a shutter release button as previously reported and the electronic contact will be located in the battery compartment (similar to the Nikon D80/D90 grips)
- 14 fps for the Z6 II and 12 fps for the Z7 II
- Most improvements are in the eye and animal AF area and some tweaks in the AF-C mode
- AF improvements include low light situations, wide AF area, AF tracking, video recording
- New or improved energy-saving mode
- You will be able to update the Z6 II and Z7 II firmware via SnapBridge
- Improved buffer (as previously reported): 99 with the Z6 II and 57 with the Z7 II
- You will be able to reverse the control/focus ring direction with one of the camera functions
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!