Sigma has announced the new Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art lens for Sony E and Leica L mount cameras. The US price is $799 and it is now available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama. Shipping is scheduled to start in late October 2020.
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens is a high-performance, mid-telephoto macro lens designed from the ground-up for mirrorless cameras. Available in Sony E-mount and L-Mount, this impressive optic offers superb image quality, fast AF and an impressive feature-set. It is equally well-suited to close-up macro work and a range of other photo and video applications including portraiture and weddings. The quality, functionality and versatility of this lens make it a must-own option for mirrorless photographers.
This all-new 105mm lens is the first Art line macro lens designed specifically for mirrorless cameras, and brings to the table a range of advanced functionality including an aperture ring with de-click and lock functions, a customisable AFL button, dust- and splash-proof construction and a focus limiter switch. Its optical performance goes far beyond what one might expect of a mid-telephoto macro lens.
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups, with 1 SLD element
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Compatible with lens-based optical correction (depending on model)
- Dust- and splash-proof
- Water- and oil-repellent coating
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture ring
- Aperture ring click switch
- Aperture ring lock switch*
- Customisable AFL button
- Focus limiter switch
- Focus Mode Switch
- Lens hood
- Compatible with SIGMA TELECONVERTER TC-1411, TC-2011 (sold separately, for L-Mount only)
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately, for L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor)
- Supports DMF, AF+MF
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system ‘A1’
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- ‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship
* When turned ON at position A, the aperture ring is locked at A. When turned ON at a position other than A, it is locked to manual aperture selection.
To learn more about SIGMA’s craftsmanship, please visit SIGMA website at https://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens tested on Sony a7R IV:
The figures below are for L-mount.
- Lens construction: 12 groups, 17 elements (1 SLD lens)
- Angle of view: 23.3°ï½œNumber of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22ï½œMinimum focusing distance: 29.5cm / 11.6in
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:1ï½œFilter size:φ62mm
- Maximum dimensions x length: φ74mm×133.6mm / φ2.9×5.3in
- Weight: 715g / 25.2oz.
Supplied accessories: Soft case, Lens hood (LH653-01)
For further information, please visit SIGMA UK’s website, sigma-imaging-uk.com
See full list of Sigma products :
- Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma TC-1411 1.4x Teleconverter for Leica L
- Sigma TC-2011 2x Teleconverter for Leica L
- Sigma UD-11 USB Dock for Leica L
- Sigma UD-11 USB Dock for Canon EF-M
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography