The Nikon Z6 II and Nikon Z7 II cameras now listed at B&HPhoto Video According to the US retailer both cameras will be released on October 14th. No further specs are revealed at the moment but we have much more details from the previous Nikon Z7S and Nikon Z6S reports.
The two rumored cameras will use the same sensors as their respective predecessors but feature dual Expeed processors. The company will be adding several important new features and replacing the current Nikon Z7 and Z6.
Nikon Z6 II and Nikon Z7 II is set to be announced on October 14th, 2020 at 12:00AM EDT. Check back then to see what Nikon is doing to improve their full-frame mirrorless system with this second-generation release. Below are the full features of Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II.
Rumored Nikon Z7 II and Nikon Z6 II Specifications:
- The new models will be called Z6 II and Z7 II instead of Z6s and Z7s (still not sure)
- Incremental update to the current Z6/Z7 models
- The camera shape is almost the same as Z6/Z7
- Same sensor as in the Z6/Z7
- Same EVF as Z6/Z7 (previous rumors indicated EVF with 5.76 million dots, the current Z6/Z7 have EVF with 3.69 million dots)
- Improved AF (Face/eye/animal detection)
- Dual EXPEED processor
- Will use the new Nikon EN-EL15c battery
- USB power
- Dual memory card slots: CFexpress and SD (XQD/CFX type B, SD-UHS-II)
- Faster frame rate
- More buffer memory
- 4k 60p video
- More new video features
- Improved user interface
- Support for vertical grip with release button/controls (optional accessory)
- Improved functionality expected with firmware update after release
- The expected announcement is around October
- The Nikon Z6s will be the last Nikon camera with a 24MP sensor
- Higher prices than the current Nikon Z7 ($2,497) and Z6 ($1,797) models.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!