Along with the Nikon Z5 mirrorless camera, Nikon is planning to release several new mirrorless lenses. The list of the rumored Nikon Z-mount lenses are the Z 50mm f/1.2 S, Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S, Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3.
Official announcement for both Nikon Z5 is expected in the second half of July. Exact announcement date is rumored as July 21st before. We will probably see these Nikon Z 50mm f/1.2 S, Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S, Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 Lenses with the Nikon’s new Z5 camera.
We already know that Nikon has serious plans for the next three years of Z-mount lenses. Below is the list of upcoming Nikon Z-mount lenses for 2020.
- NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S Lens
- NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S Lens
- NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens
- Four more new Z-mount Lenses
New Nikkor Z lenses (new info added)
- Nikkor Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3: this will probably be the new kit lens for the upcoming Nikon Z5 camera. It will be a small, light, compact (almost like a pancake), cheap plastic lens with a collapsible design similar to the Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm.
- Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S lens: a massive, solid lens with a lot of glass elements inside – similar in size to the Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S. The 50mm f/1.2 lens may also have the Noct nomenclature (Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S Noct lens).
- Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S lens: smaller and lighter than the F mount version, the lens can take screw-in filters. New info: 105mm filter thread. Not confirmed for July 21 release.
Check out also the latest Nikon Z5 specifications :
- 24MP full-frame sensor
- The Nikon Z5 will have the same EVF as the Nikon Z6
- No top panel LCD
- Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots
- Magnesium alloy camera body
- 1.000 dots LCD screen resolution
- New battery: Nikon EN-EL15c
- USB-C camera powering, not just charging
- Same AF system as in the Nikon Z6
- 1.7x video crop in 4k, no SloMo option
- 6fps burst shooting
- Official announcement expected 0n July 21, 2020
- Release date will be later this year
See latest Nikon discounts.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!