Sony just released the new firmware version 2.00 for Sony a9 II mirrorless camera. This is a major upgrade.
The new Sony a9 II provides silent continuous shooting up to 20 fps at full 24.2MP resolution (RAW+JPEG) with up to 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second without EVF or LCD blackout.
BENEFITS AND IMPROVEMENTS FROM THE LATEST UPDATE:
- Adds the Hi Frequency flickerfunction, which allows you to reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed
NOTE:The Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile, and Remote Camera Toolsoftware will not be supported after April 9th, 2020
- Improves the Face/Eye Priorityin the AF function:
- When set to a custom key, the Face/Eye Priorityin the AF function can be activated or deactivated each time the custom key is pressed
- If Face/Eye Priorityis already set to custom key, this improvement will be available after the camera is updated
- Improves the Remote Camera Toolfunction by adding support for displaying Focus Framefor almost all scenes
NOTE:Version 2.00(or later) of the Remote Camera Toolis required. Please update to the latest version.
- Improves the FTP transfer function
- Allows the camera’s MAC address to be displayed as a QR code
- Adds a function to close the shutter when you turn off the camera to prevent dust or debris from adhering to the image sensor when you change lenses
- Allows you to save or load the customized camera settings to My MENU
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
Download link: Sony a9 II Firmware Version 2.00
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Read more Sony Camera Rumors here.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".