The NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 comprises 19 elements in 15 groups with two ED, two aspherical and a single aspherical ED element. Built-in stabilization is rated to 4.5 stops and the lens uses a seven-blade aperture. It uses only the newer Arneo coating to reduce flare – no Nano Crystal Coating. The 24-200mm accepts 67mm filters.
At just 570 g, the compact NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR is the perfect grab and go lens for all-day versatility and convenience. The full frame NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR is a versatile all-in-one zoom lens that covers every shot along the way with remarkable true to life detail.
From Nikon Japan: (Translated)
Apology and announcement for postponing the launch of the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f / 4-6.3 VR
April 16, 2020Product information
Thank you for using Nikon products.
For the Nikkor lens “NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f / 4-6.3 VR” that we announced that it will be launched in April 2020, we decided to postpone the release date due to production reasons.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers who are waiting for this product.
The target products for which the release date will be postponed are as follows. The release date will be announced once it is confirmed.
NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR primary features
- 8.3x zoom that covers a broad range of focal lengths, from 24 mm to 200 mm.
- Adoption of one aspherical ED glass element, two ED glass elements, and two aspherical lens elements achieves both superior optical performance and a compact and lightweight design.
- Zooming operation designed with equilibrium in mind, the center of gravity remains basically the same when the lens is zoomed out all the way for ideal balance.
- Extremely sharp and clear images all the way to the edges of the frame, beginning at maximum aperture.
- Adoption of ARNEO Coat realizes clear images in which ghost and flare effects are minimized.
- Despite being a telephoto zoom lens, a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.28x allow users to capture subjects for bold and magnificent expression of the intended subject.
- A minimum focus distance of 0.5 m (1.64 ft) at 24 mm and 0.7 m (2.30 ft) at 200 mm allows users to capture subjects from very short distances
- Designed with consideration for video recording with smooth tracking and the ability to respond to focus breathing.
- Adoption of a zoom ring and control ring realizes a smooth operational feel during video recording.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) realizes fast, quiet, and accurate AF drive for both still-image and movie recording
- An optical vibration reduction (VR) mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop* increase in shutter speed.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance, and fluorine coat adopted for superior protection against dust, water, grease, and dirt.
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!