Olympus released a major firmware update for the three flagship cameras. Version 3.2 for the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Version 1.2 for the OM-D E-M1X and Version 1.1 for OM-D E-M5 Mark III now available for download.
Specifically designed for the professional models in the OM-D series, the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, E-M5 III and OM-D E-M1X, this new firmware provides feature enhancements for photographers and ability to use focus stacking photography with 12-45mm F4.0 PRO Lens ($649 at Amazon, Adorama, B&HPhoto).
Check out the details below with download links. See also recent Olympus announcements on Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III Micro Four Thirds Camera and Olympus 12-45mm f/4 PRO Standard Zoom Lens.
E-M1X Version 1.2, E-M1 II Version 3.2, E-M5 III Version 1.1 Firmware Update Details
- Possible to use focus stacking photography with “M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO”.
- When EVF Auto Switch is set, you can select how the viewfinder is displayed when the monitor is open.
- Off: Disables the eye sensor. Press the button to switch between the EVF display and the monitor display.
- On1: Eye sensor operates regardless of whether the rear monitor is open or closed. Press the button to switch between the rear-panel monitor Live View display/Super Control Panel display.
- On2: The eye sensor does not operate while the rear-panel monitor is open. Press the button to switch between the rear-panel monitor Live View display/Super Control Panel display.
- See the following for details.
Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.