The new Sony a9 II now available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H Photo Video, Adorama. The release date for a9 II will be on November 6th, 2019. Here are some additional coverage including press, sample images, videos and first impressions for the high-end full frame mirrorless camera.
The sports-oriented a9 II uses the same full-frame 24MP sensor as its predecessor, though its faster Bionz X processor improves AF speed and precision, along with EVF display response. It retains the same 693-point on-sensor PDAF system as the a9, but with new algorithms that improve subject tracking. The camera can still shoot at 20 fps with no blackout using the electronic shutter, and the burst speed using the mechanical shutter has risen to 10 fps. There’s also a new anti-flicker system when using the mechanical shutter, making it much more usable under artificial light.
The US price of the Sony a9 II is $4,498 and shipping is scheduled to start on November 6, 2019.
Sony A9 II Coverage
Product page at Sony UK.
Image samples at SonyUK.
News on Explora.
Sony A9 vs A9 II – The 10 main differences (Mirrorlesscomparison).
Sony a9 II Key Features
- 24.2MP full-frame stacked CMOS sensor
- Upgraded BIONZ X processing engine and front-end LSI
- 20fps blackout-free continuous shooting
- XAVC S 4K movie recording
- 2.95 inch (3.0-type) wide type TFT screen
- Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder and blackout-free viewfinder
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi, FTPS file transfer and faster built-in wireless LAN
- 693 phase detection and 425 contrast detection AF points
- Anti-distortion shutter provides speeds of up to 1/32,000 sec
- 5-Axis in-body image stabilization with a 5.5 step shutter speed