Canon’s new RF mount allows for fast, light, and high-performing optics with a large opening diameter and short back focus distance. As you might remember, along with the entry-level Canon EOS RP (B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon) full frame mirrorless camera, the company announced the development of six RF lenses which includes these three f/2.8 models. Click here.
After release of RF 50mm f/1.2L and RF 85mm f/1.2L USM lenses the next f/1.2L lens could be RF 35mm f/1.2L USM Lens, release date in 2020. Before these fast RF lens rumors indicate that the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM lenses will hit the shelves before September.
The six new RF lenses under development include:
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2 L USM DS
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Lens (already announced)
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L (already announced)
Latest rumors about release dates of these lenses.
- RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens – Available for pre-order on May 9th, 2019
- RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens – Release date at the end of July, 2019
- RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens – Release date at the end of July, 2019
- RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens – Release date at the end of July, 2019
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon mirrorless and Canon Rumors.