Canon has introduced the EOS Rebel SL3 (EOS 250D) DSLR camera. The smallest and lightest entry-level DSLR uses the same 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor as its SL2 predecessor but adds a DIGIC 8 processor, eye-detection when using Dual Pixel AF, improved battery life and 4K video capture.
The Canon EOS Rebel SL3 will be available at the end of this month in either black or white color options for $600 body-only or $750 with 18-55mm F4-5.6 IS STM lens included.
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 Specifications
- Sensor : 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS
- ISO : Auto, 100 – 25600 in 1EV steps, Expandable to 51200
- AF System : OVF: AF-dedicated CMOS phase-detect sensor, 9-points (Center AF point is cross-type at f/5.6, Center AF point is vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8); Live View: Dual-Pixel CMOS AF
- Video : 4K UHD up to 3840×2160 (24p/25p)
- Shutter speed : 1/4000 – 30 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed : 5.0 frames per second
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Dimensions : 4.8 x 3.6 x 2.7 in. (122 x 93 x 70 mm)
- Weight : 23.4 oz (664 g) includes batteries, kit lens
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 (EOS 250D) Full Specifications
The EOS Rebel SL3 features autofocus (AF) capabilities, delivering nine AF points across the optical viewfinder. This includes a new Spot AF which allows users to focus on a precise area within the subject. The EOS Rebel SL3 is the first DSLR in the Canon EOS line to feature Dual Pixel CMOS AF3 with Eye Detection AF in Live View shooting mode. With its optical viewfinder and Live View LCD monitor, photographers can enjoy two different ways of shooting and customize their experience based on the scene. The system is also the first Canon EOS SLR to incorporate a Smooth Skin setting, which can help render skin tones as well as Creative Assist – an interface by which users can check and seamlessly change shooting conditions in Live View4– such as white balance or brightness – in real time.
Additional key features of the EOS Rebel SL3 camera include:
- Feature Assistant that guides and offers tips for more effective shooting
- Continuous shooting mode up to 5.0 fps
- Digital Lens Optimizer that corrects optical shifting automatically, even without a computer
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".