Nikon officially announces the new standard zoom; Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S full-frame mirrorless lens.
Compared to the AF-S 24-70mm F2.8 for F-mount, the new lens is 25% smaller and 18% lighter, with a totally redesigned optical formula comprising 17 elements in 15 groups. Additionally, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S is the first NIKKOR lens to feature Nikon’s all-new ARNEO coating: a multi-layer coating that is used in conjunction with Nano Crystal Coating for superior anti-reflective performance.
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Lens Specifications
|Focal length||24-70 mm|
|Lens construction||17 elements in 15 groups (including 2 ED glass and 4 aspherical lens elements, elements with Nano Crystal Coat or ARNEO Coat, and fluorine-coated front and rear lens elements)|
|Angle of view||FX format: 84° – 34°20′
DX format: 61° – 22°50′
|Minimum focus distance||0.38 m/1.25 ft|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.22x|
|Diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||82 mm (P = 0.75 mm)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 89.0 mm maximum diameter x 126.0 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 805 g/1 lb 12.4 oz|
|Supplied accessories||LC-82B 82 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap, HB-87 Bayonet Hood, CL-C2 Lens Case|
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Lens Features
- An indispensable standard zoom lens for professionals, advanced photographers and video creators—ideal for environmental portraits, landscapes, weddings, events, studio and street photography.
- Constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range delivers the subject separation, speed and gorgeous bokeh professionals demand.
- Exceptional optical performance achieves edge-to-edge sharpness and minimal aberration in an incredibly lightweight and portable package, thanks to the revolutionary new Z mount.
- All-new ARNEO coating works in conjunction with Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coat to minimize ghosting and flare when the light source is within the frame.
- Fast, accurate and quiet autofocus throughout the zoom range, thanks to Nikon-designed Multi-Focus System and Stepping Motor.
- Built-in Function (L-Fn) button, Organic EL Lens Information Panel and independent focus ring give creators more control over their shooting experience.
- Fully compatible with in-camera 5-axis VR found in the Nikon Z 6 and Z 7, providing up to 5 stops1 of image stabilization without adding to the size or weight of the lens.
- Optimized for video, with reduced focus breathing, a quiet stepping motor, customizable control ring, and the ability to take advantage of the in-camera 5-axis VR + eVR of the Nikon Z 6 and Z 7.
- Designed with consideration to dust and drip resistance, and featuring a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease and dirt.
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Lens Videos
The Nikkor Z Noct 58mm f/0.95 lens will be announced later in 2019. So what we expect from Nikon when it comes to cameras. Upcoming Nikon cameras are expected both in Nikon DSLR and Mirrorless models. Especially for the DSLR cameras, the announcements will happen once the stock lines becomes clear for the new ones. So, you can expect the announcement of these DSLRs from mid-2019. See Nikon Upcoming Cameras in 2019 for more details.
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!