Irix has been awarded a world-renowned design prize for its Irix 150mm f/2.8 macro lens – one of the most compact and the lightest macro telephoto lenses in its class.
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 is a modern and versatile macro telephoto lens designed for full-frame high-resolution DSLR cameras. The price of the lens is $595 at B&H Photo. You can purchase Irix lenses at Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon DE.
Winning the ‘Best in Discipline 1.0 Product – TV/Cameras’ category, the 67-member jury was convinced of the lens’ potential with its ‘extremely compact structure characterised by excellent optical parameters, refined ergonomics, competitive pricing and a unique design.’
Commenting on winning the award, Irix said: “This award is regarded as one of the most important design prizes in the world, and winning this is a seal of quality for exceptional design… We are grateful for receiving such recognition. But we’re not content in leaving it there (as) the Irix brand continues to innovate. We’re preparing for the next set of photographic premieres and are planning further challenges in the market. There is so much more to come for the photographic community.”
The iF jury has to choose an overall winner from 6,375 entries that had been submitted from 52 countries.
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 Lens Key Features
The Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 is the first lens available in the new Dragonfly series, which combines the lightness and perfect ergonomics of the Firefly and the durable magnesium housing used in the Blackstone.
- Lightened Aluminium internal frame
- Lightweight composite housing reinforced with Al-Mg alloy
- Anti-scratch finish
- Anti-slip coating on the focusing ring
- Engraved markings covered with UV reactive paint
- Superior dust and moisture protection (5 sealings)
- A practical deep lens hood that isolates the lens from sidelight sources and also protects the front element of the lens from minor damage
- Includes a rigid lens case for safe transport and storage
- Detachable tripod collar made to the Arca Swiss standard, allowing you to transfer the weight that is the center of mass to the front and securely place the camera on a tripod
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".