These features have been introduced with the new Fujifilm X-T30, which shares the same sensor and image processor as the X-T3. Check out the details below.
- Improved face and eye tracking
- Stable exposure in face and eye tracking
- Supports smaller face tracking (10% of vertical, now down to 7%)
- “Face select” using the touch-screen or AF lever, to choose main subject
- Non-stop phase detection AF, when focusing between long distances
- Improved Quick touch-screen response
Fujifilm X-T3 Firmware 4.1 Coming in April
To Fujifilm X Series customers and photographers,
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) will release new firmware updates for the FUJIFILM X-T3 (“X-T3”) X Series digital camera in April.
[ FUJIFILM X-T3 Ver. 3.00: April 2019 ]
1. Strengthened the accuracy of face / eye detection AF performance
The AF algorithm has been improved along with the accuracy of face / eye detection AF. The ability to detect faces in the distance has been enhanced by approximately 30% and AF tracking is now more stable, even when an obstacle appears in the way. The improvements in AF are applicable to both still photos and video recording.
2. New Face Select function
The Face Select function has been introduced to provide priority auto-focus, tracking and exposure on a selected subject when multiple faces have been detected. The priority face can be selected by using the touch screen or focus lever.
3. Faster AF speed for subjects at a distance
Thanks to the improved AF algorithm, faster AF speed is achieved when shooting from short to long distances (or vice versa).
4. Intuitive operation of touch screen
A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings*. The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
- *By default, Touch Screen Setting, Double Tap Setting and Touch Function are set to all OFF.
For improved touch screen response, Touch Screen Setting must be set to ON.
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.