New functions include the improvement of in-body image stabilization performance for X-H1, 4K HDR video recording and simultaneous output of Film Simulation / F-Log footage for X-T3. This is version 2.00 firmware for X-T3 and X-H1. You can find the full details of the firmware updates below. As a side note, the X-T3 will get the 4GB record limit removal feature in a future update in late January.
Fujifilm X-T3 firmware 2.00 details
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issues:
* Regarding the new function “Recording over 4GB movie file as one file” which was planned to add to the firmware Ver.2.00, we will announce the schedule to release the firmware with the function in January 2019.
Regarding the details of No.1,3 and 6 download the “X-T3 New Features Guide” from our website.
- 4K HDR video recording in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
Supports 4K HDR video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), one of the formats defined in the ITU-R international standards (*1). It allows the capture of rich and realistic images in a scene where there is a huge gap between highlight and shadow, or subjects with high color saturation.
*1：Only compatible with H.265(HEVC). Please enjoy with television or display compatible with HLG formats.
- Simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage (*2)
Supports simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage. It allows you to record in F-Log while checking Film Simulation image on an external monitor.
*2：Not compatible with 59.94P/50P, FHD high speed rec., 4K interframe NR, and HDMI output info display mode. Also, cannot choose different image size (4K/FHD) for HDMI output and internal SD card recording.
- Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD.
- Supports slower shutter speeds with DCI4K/4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P (*4) Slower shutter speeds than the framerate can be selected with 4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P. *4：Cannot select slower shutter speed than framerate with DCI/4K 59.94P/50P or DCI4K/4K/FHD Long GOP recording. For detail, refer to the Shutter Speed in the “Movie Recording Mode” list.
Movie Recording Mode(PDF:8.00KB)
- Compatible with ALL-Intra and maximum bitrate 400Mbps with H.264
Using H.264 compression, you will now to be able to select ALL-Intra at a maximum bitrate of 400Mbps.
- Display power supply icon
Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD (*5) and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD (*6).
*5：Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*6：Product may not be available on your country.
- Fix of slight defects.
Fujifilm X-H1 firmware 2.00 details
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.20 incorporates the following issues:
- In-body image stabilization and optical image stabilization now work together to improve overall stability
With an XF or XC optical image stabilized lens, in-body image stabilization worked with 3 axis (up and down / optical axis rotation). The remaining 2 axis (right and left pitch, yaw angle) was controlled by optical image stabilization in the lens. This firmware has a new image stabilization algorithm to allow the in-body image stabilization to work in all 5 axis and to achieve more than five-stops (up to the equivalent of 5.5 stops (*1)) image stabilization by cooperative control according to the types of frequency and blur amount.
To activate this function, lenses are necessary to be updated to latest firmware version. Please check the latest firmware version from the link below.
*1：Based on CIPA standards. When using XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS, and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II.
Regarding the image stabilization performance, refer to the list of “Cooperative control by in-body and optical image stabilization with firmware ver.2.00 of X-H1”.
- Improved in-body image stabilization performance
Eliminate image shake when panning slowly when movie recording or on the live view image.
- Recording over 4GB movie file as one file
Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB) (*2).
*2：By using SD memory cards less than or equal to 32GB, movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, however subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file.
Note：Format SD memory cards before first use, and be sure to reformat all memory cards after using them in a computer or other device.
- Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD
Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD.
- Display power supply icon
Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD(*3) and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD(*4).
*3：Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*4：Product may not be available on your country.
- Fix of slight defects.
Fujifilm XF80mmF2.8 Firmware Details
The firmware update Ver.1.11 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issue:
- Compatibility with cooperative control by in-body and optical image stabilization with firmware ver.2.00 of X-H1 is added.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".