Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 is a modern and versatile macro telephoto lens designed for full-frame high-resolution DSLR cameras.
Its fast aperture of f/2.8 facilitates shorter exposure times, while its moderately long focal length of 150mm provides an excellent compromise between the narrow viewing angle desired in macro, advertising and portrait photography, and the convenience of hand-held photography.
The lens is equipped with an aperture mechanism consisting of 11 aperture blades with a rounded shape which provides a pleasant blur of background or points of light and helps to maintain excellent sharpness even after stopping down the aperture.
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 lens will start shipping in December. The price of the lens is $595. Pre-orders are now open at B&H Photo. You can purchase Irix lenses are sold at Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon DE.
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 Lens Key Features
The Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 is the first lens available in the new Dragonfly series, which combines the lightness and perfect ergonomics of the Firefly and the durable magnesium housing used in the Blackstone.
- Lightened Aluminium internal frame
- Lightweight composite housing reinforced with Al-Mg alloy
- Anti-scratch finish
- Anti-slip coating on the focusing ring
- Engraved markings covered with UV reactive paint
- Superior dust and moisture protection (5 sealings)
- A practical deep lens hood that isolates the lens from sidelight sources and also protects the front element of the lens from minor damage
- Includes a rigid lens case for safe transport and storage
- Detachable tripod collar made to the Arca Swiss standard, allowing you to transfer the weight that is the center of mass to the front and securely place the camera on a tripod
Additional information, including MTF chart, distortion graph and technical specifications:
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 Lens MTF Chart
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 Lens Samples Image
Irix 150mm f/2.8 MACRO 1:1 Lens Specifications
|Compatible sensor size||35mm “Full Frame” and smaller|
|Focal length||150 mm|
|Field of view||160 (diagonal)|
|Range of focus||0.345 m (0.92 ft) – ∞|
|Focus ring rotation angle||270 degrees|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.345m|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 – f/32|
|Aperture control||via camera|
|Number of diaphragm blades||11 rounded aperturę blades|
|Lens construction||12 elements in 9 groups (4x HR, 3x ED)|
|Filter size||φ77 mm|
|Corresponding Mounts||Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K|
|Dimensions||87 x 135 mm (without tripod collar and lens hood)|
|Additional features||Focus Lock ring|
|Detachable tripod collar|
|Sealings||Front element (1 O-ring)|
|Focus Lock ring + Focusing ring (3 O-rings)|
|Bayonet mount (1 O-ring)|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".