Fujifilm has announced the GFX 50R, a 51.4-megapixel medium format camera in a compact and lightweight body. The Fujifilm GFX 50R, which looks like a large X-E3, is a more portable, lighter version of the GFX 50R.
The new medium format camera weighs 775g with built-in EVF, approximately 145g lighter than the GFX 50S, and the body is just 66.4mm thick, 25.0mm thinner than the GFX 50S.
The 50R continues to use a 51.4MP, 43.8 x 32.9mm medium-format sensor, X Processor Pro, 3.2″ touchscreen LCD and dual SD card slots that support UHS-II media. It uses the same NP-T125 Li-ion battery as the GFX 50S and should last around 400 shots per charge.
The 50R is the first GFX camera to offer Bluetooth connectivity, which maintains a constant connection with a smartphone for auto image transfer and faster pairing.
FUJIFILM GFX 50R Features
- 4MP Medium Format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality for all photographers
- FUJIFILM G Mount with short flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- X-Processor Pro imaging processor
- Weather- and dust- resistant; operation to as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius
- File formats include three different JPEG settings (SUPER FINE, FINE, NORMAL), as well as two different RAW settings (uncompressed, compressed). TIFF output is also possible with in-camera RAW development
- Full HD for Movie Mode: 1920×1080 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 36Mbps, in Film Simulation modes
- Lightweight body weighs approximately 27.3oz. / 775g
- LCD Monitor
- 2 inch, aspect ratio 4:3, approx. 2,360K-dots; tilt-type (two direction), touch screen color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)
- Uses SD Cards (UHS-II recommended)
- Equipped with dual slots
- Uses NP-T125 high capacity battery for approximately 400 photos (with Auto Power Save ON)
- All FUJINON GF Lenses are dust- and weather-resistant, built to withstand operation at temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius allowing photographers to take them outdoors with confidence in challenging weather conditions.
- Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0 low energy technology
- Accessories included:
- Li-ion battery NP-T125
- Battery charger BC-T125
- Plug adapter
- Body cap
- Strap clip
- Protective cover
- Clip attaching tool
- Shoulder strap
- Cable protector
- Hot shoe cover
- Sync terminal cover
- Owner’s manual
Featuring a robust magnesium alloy body, the GFX 50R is weather-sealed in 64 places, designed to be weather- and dust-resistant, and capable of operating in temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius. The GFX 50R is also built for intuitive operation. Equipped with a Focus Lever to allow quick focal point adjustment, the GFX 50R eliminates selector buttons to provide extra space for comfortably holding the camera. The top of the body sports two dials – for shutter speed and exposure compensation – constructed of milled aluminum to give the camera professional durability and feel.
Currently, the GFX system offers a lineup of seven FUJINON GF Lenses for G Mount, covering focal lengths from 23mm (equivalent to 18mm in the 35mm film format) to 250mm (equivalent to 198mm in the 35mm film format). All GF lenses are capable of resolving up to 100MP, and are designed to be dust- and weather- resistant, built to withstand temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius allowing photographers to take them outdoors with confidence in challenging weather conditions.
Fujifilm GFX 50R Videos
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.