The Nikon Z6 full frame mirrorless camera will be a 24MP resolution model with high speed and low light performance. The Nikon Z7 will have the same high-resolution full-frame sensor as the D850 and come with 45MP resolution.
The first Z-mount lenses will be mainstream f4 zoom and 1.8 primes. A Z-NIKKOR 24-70mm f/4 and Z-NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 lenses will be announced with a Z-NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8 lens. Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7 mirrorless cameras to be announced together with several new Z-Nikkor series lenses on August 23rd.
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Price
- Nikon Z7 45MP full frame mirrorless camera Body: US price: $3,000, UK price £2,400, with 24-70mm lens kit: US price $4,000, UK price £3,000
- Nikon Z6 24MP full frame mirrorless camera Body: US price $2,000, UK price £1,700, with 24-70mm lens kit: US price $3,000, UK price £2,400
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Specs
So let’s talk about the upcoming Nikon full frame mirrorless camera system, NOCT lenses and more.
- BSI sensors (supposed to be new gen/tech with advanced AF).
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- Nikon Z6 & Z7 are rumored to target/compete directly with the Sony a7/a7R series full frame mirrorless cameras. Both at price and specs.
- The size of Nikon full frame mirrorless camera is a bit bigger than a7 series cameras. But Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras has better ergonomics and a better grip.
- Battery life is said to be worse than current Nikon DSLR cameras. There is a chance that the new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras may use existing DSLR batteries.
- There is only one selection wheel on top of the camera.
- Most likely no built-in flash.
- The promo materials should include dancers/singers.
- No scene modes
- The new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras will have features/functions never introduced beforehand (not sure if this applies to Nikon, to mirrorless cameras, or to the industry in general).
- There is a second LCD screen on the top of the camera.
- There is a green AUTO mode as well as PSAM and 3 user settings
- The camera’s “prism” with the EVF is a bit less angular/smoother when compared to the Sony a7 series. EVF resolutions: 3.6MP
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- Very good video AF features. Video AF could be different for the two mirrorless models (the cheaper version may have less AF goodies). AF tracking ability of the 45MP version on par or better compared to the current Sony a7 models.
- Over 400 AF points, not sure about the exact number, it should be somewhere between 430-450. The AF is supposed to be very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- 4K video.
Nikon Z7 full frame mirrorless camera images :
Nikon Z6 full frame mirrorless camera images :
Nikon Z NIKKOR 24-70mm f/4 S Lens:
Nikon Z NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 S Lens:
Nikon Z NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8 S Lens:
Nikon F T Z Lens Adapter:
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!