Fujifilm has announced the XF10, an ultra lightweight, travel-friendly premium compact camera featuring an APS-C sized sensor, 28mm lens and enhanced Bluetooth connectivity.
The XF10 appears to be a simplified X70 with a higher resolution sensor and uses a 24MP Bayer color filter. The new Fujifilm XF10 is the first X Series camera to offer the new “SQUARE MODE,” which allows users to switch to a 1:1 format with a single flick of the touchscreen.
The XF10 weighs 280g / 9.8oz with card and battery makes it 18% lighter than the X70. It will be available in August 2018 in the U.S. for USD $499.95.
FUJIFILM XF10 Key Features
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3.0-inch” (approx. 1,040K-dot) color LCD touchscreen, aspect ratio 3:2
- Standard output sensitivity of ISO200 – ISO12800
- Extended output sensitivity of ISO100 – ISO51200
- Bluetooth® version 4.1 low energy technology
- New “SQUARE MODE” for 1:1 format
- 4K 3840 x 2160 15P, continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 59.94P / 50P / 24P / 23.98P, continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- HD 1280 x 720 59.94P / 50P / 24P / 23.98P, continuous recording up to approx. 30 min.
- High Speed Movie 1280 x 720 1.6x / 2x / 3.3x / 4x
- Accessories include:
- Li-ion Battery NP-95
- AC-5VG AC adapter
- USB Cable
- Hand Strap
- Lens Cap
- Owner’s Manual
High Quality FUJINON Lens Covers a Wide Range of Subjects from Landscapes to Snapshots
The XF10 features an 18.5mmF2.8 FUJINON lens (equivalent to 28mm on 35mm format) that ensures every image is sharp from center to edges. The optical design of the lens is perfectly matched to the sensor in the XF10, to ensure there is no compromise in quality due to the camera’s compact size. With the Digital Teleconverter function, the camera is capable of taking photos with equivalent focal lengths of 35mm and 50mm on a 35mm format.
Enhanced Creativity with Unique Film Simulation and Advanced Filter Modes
The XF10 offers 11 unique FUJIFILM Film Simulations and 19 Advanced Filters, providing photographers with the ability to enhance their creativity. The camera also introduces two new Advanced Filters – “Rich & Fine” and “Monochrome [NIR]” – to easily add artistic flair or film-like color tones to photos. The new “Rich & Fine” filter provides brighter and more vivid color at the center of the image, and a slight shadow at the corners in order to emphasize the subject, perfect for food and other tabletop photography. The “Monochrome [NIR]” filter simulates a monochrome effect as taken by near-infrared cameras.
FUJIFILM XF10 – First Look
FUIFILM XF10 Promotional Video
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.