Canon officially announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM bright telephoto zoom lens.
The new Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM is an ideal lens for professional photographers who shoot with the Canon 1D and 5D series of DSLR cameras. The inclusion of Air Sphere Coating (ASC) technology helps to reduce flaring and ghosting, and suppresses the reflection of light.
The EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM also comprises fluorine-coated front and rear elements. Other coatings are reportedly ‘improved’.
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM – Key Features:
- Optical Image Stabilizer up to 3.5 shutter speed stops of correction
- Fluorine coating on front and rear elements helps to reduce smears and fingerprints
- Inner focusing system with Ring Ultrasonic Motor
- One fluorite lens and five UD lenses helps to provide high-image quality
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.2m (3.9ft)
- Lens features 23 elements in 19 groups
- Circular eight blade aperture
Thanks to its fluorite and UD optics, the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM delivers high contrast and excellent resolution. Shooting in low light is also no problem for the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM, thanks to its fast f/2.8 maximum aperture, which is constant throughout the zoom range and lets in twice as much light as an f/4 lens.
Camera shake isn’t something users of the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM should be concerned about either as a 3.5-stop Image Stabiliser compensates any blur caused by movement. A ring-type USM motor offers silent autofocus and manual adjustments can be made at any time with a simple twist of the focus ring.