Panasonic has announced its Lumix DC-TS7 (FT7 outside of North America) camera. This is the first waterproof/rugged compact comes with an electronic viewfinder.
The Lumix DC-TS7 has a 20.4MP, 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS sensor and an F3.3-5.9, 28-128mm equiv. lens. It’s able to go 31m/102ft underwater, can take a fall from 2m/6.6ft and can withstand 100kg / 220lb of crushing force. It’s also freezeproof to -10C / +14F.
The camera can capture UHD 4K video at 24p and 30p as well as 1080/60p. There’s a 120 fps mode, but only at 720p resolution. Naturally, the Lumix DC-TS7 supports Panasonic’s 4K Photo feature, which allows for ‘Post Focus’ and 8MP still extraction. Wi-Fi (but not Bluetooth) is built in, and battery life is CIPA-rated at 300 shots per charge.
Panasonic Lumix DC-TS7 rugged compact camera announced
- Waterproof to 101.7′ / 31m
- Shockproof from 6.6′ / 2m
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Pressure-resistant to 220 lbf / 100 kgf
- 20.4MP High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- 4.6x Zoom Lens, 28-128mm (35mm Equiv.)
- Water, Shock, Freeze, and Crushproof
- UHD 4K30 and 24p Video Recording
- 1.17m-Dot Electronic Live View Finder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot LCD Monitor
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Geotagging Support
- ISO 80-6400, 10-fps Continuous Shooting
- POWER Optical Image Stabilization
- 4K Photo Modes and Post Focus
- Price: $447.99
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".