Sony today officially announced the new FS5 Mark II at the NAB 2018 event. The US price (body only) is $4,750 USD. Shipping of the E-mount camcorder is scheduled to start in June 2018.
The new Sony FS5 Mark II E-mount Camcorder comes with stunning 4096 x 2160 4K HDR and 120fps performance at 60Hz mode (and 100fps at 50Hz mode), as well as RAW capabilities, the new Super 35 mm camcorder marries outstanding image quality with an ergonomic modular frame, offering content creators ultimate creative flexibility.
In addition to S-Log 2/3, the FS5 II offers Instant HDR Workflow to produce HDR content, when shooting in HLG/BT.2020 mode, for quick post-production without the need for grading.
The FS5 II interchangeable lens, E-mount camcorder offers flexibility for applications including web commercials, music video production, dramas, corporate and event videography and documentaries.
The Sony FS5 II is planned to be available in June, with expected pricing as follows:
- PXW-FS5M2, body only — $4,750 US and $5,940 CA
- PXW-FS5M2K, with lens — $5,250 US and $6,560 CA
Sony FS5 II features:
- Super 35-Sized CMOS Sensor, E-Mount
- 4K/2K Raw Output with External Recorder
- Full HD up to 120 fps, 240 fps Burst
- Electronic Variable ND Filter
- Dual Media Card Slots
- Optional External Recorder
You can read the full press at Sony Pro.