Fujifilm has officially announced the GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR medium format lens. The lens has a 35mm equivalent of around 200mm, which can be further extended via the 1.4x teleconverter also announced today.
The GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR has 16 elements, including 1 super ED and 2 ED elements, a linear focus motor and 5-stop image stabilization (per Fujifilm). The minimum focus distance is 1.4m while the maximum magnification is 0.22x.
The lens is also equipped with the new focus pre-set function, which allows the photographer to instantly activate focus settings previously saved in the lens memory.
The use of a magnesium alloy lens barrel reduces the product’s weight and the lens is also dust and weather resistant and can operate in temperatures down to -10°C.
The GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR will be available in late May for $3299.95 USD, while the 1.4x teleconverter costs $849.95 USD.
FUJINON GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR Lens Key Features:
- Ultra-high image quality achieved with16 lenses in 10 groups, 1 super ED lens and 2 ED lenses.
- Powerful five-stop optical image stabilization to maximize high image resolution.
- Silent, high-speed autofocus operation and new mechanism to fix linear motor position. when turning power off or when in playback mode. Available with new GFX 50S firmware.
- Made with magnesium alloy, ensuring a robust, durable body.
- Dust and weather-resistant design capable of operating in temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C.
FUJINON Teleconverter GF1.4X TC WR
The new FUJINON Teleconverter GF1.4X TC WR is designed for use with the new GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR giving approximately 277mm in 35mm format equivalent, without compromising image quality.
MCEX-18G WR and MCEX-45G WR Macro Extension Tubes
The MCEX-18G WR and MCEX-45G WR Macro Extension Tubes further expand the range of macro photography. Connecting these macro extension tubes to GF lenses allows for images to be captured at high magnification ratio. The MCEX-18G WR and MCEX-45G WR Macro Extension Tubes are compatible with all existing GF lenses.