Tamron announces the launch of the 70-210mm F/4 Di VC USD lens for full frame DSLR cameras.
This compact telephoto zoom lens provides superb optical performance throughout the entire zoom range and features a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.1. The design includes an internal zoom mechanism that provides solid mechanical construction and stable, reliable operation.
The lens also employs a Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit) design, which enables high-speed and high-accuracy AF performance as well as powerful VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization for flexible and versatile use in various situations.
Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD is compatible with both the 1.4x (Model TC-X14) and 2.0x (Model TC-X20) Teleconverters. An Arca-Swiss style tripod mount is available as an optional accessory. The Tamron 70-210mm F/4 Di VC USD will be available from April 2018 for $799 in the US. Check for Canon and Nikon versions.
Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens Highlights
- High-performance telephoto zoom lens with a constant maximum aperture of F/4
- Class-leading magnification ratio and MOD (Minimum Object Distance)
- Highly reliable internal zoom mechanism
- High-speed Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit)* control system delivers responsive autofocus performance plus outstanding VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization
- Fluorine Coating
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Compatible with Tamron tele converter
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in ConsoleTM, an optional accessory
- Optional tripod mount compatible with Arca-Swiss style quick release plates
- Electromagnetic diaphragm system now used also for Nikon-mount lenses
The optical construction of 20 elements in 14 groups uses three LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements to effectively compensate for axial and transverse chromatic aberrations, thereby ensuring crisp and crystal clear image quality across the entire frame. The lens also features a constant maximum aperture of F/4 throughout the entire zoom range, thus providing superior control over depth-of-field and excellent bokeh. It also offers moisture-resistance, up to 5 stops of stabilization and a close focusing distance of 0.95m/37.4in.
|Angle of View (diagonal)||34°21′ -11°46’ (for full-frame format)
23°01′ -7°46’ (for APS-C format)
|Optical Construction||20 elements in 14 groups|
|Minimum Object Distance||0.95m (37.4 in)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:3.1|
|Length*||for Canon 176.5mm (6.9 in)
for Nikon 174mm (6.8 in)
|Weight**||for Canon 860g (30.3 oz)
for Nikon 850g (30 oz)
|Aperture Blades||9 (circular diaphragm)|
|Image Stabilization Performance||4 stops (CIPA Standards Compliant)
For Canon : EOS-5D MKIII is used / For Nikon : D810 is used
|Standard Accessories||Lens hood, Lens caps|
|Compatible Mounts||Canon, Nikon|
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".