Sony released a new firmware update v04 for the FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS zoom lens.
This upgrade would be a major upgrade for users who are already updated to the previous version 03. As a result, it resolves this issue where some products may not operate properly after updating to version 03.
For updating the firmware of your Sony lens, just connect it to the camera and follow the steps given on the firmware update page. More dteails and download links can be found below.
Sony Releases Lens Firmware Update v04 for FE 70-200 f2.8 GM Lens
What Does This Do?
- This update (version 04) resolves an issue where some products may not operate properly after updating to version 03.
Note: The lens must be attached to an E-mount body camera to perform this update. The NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-VG10, and PXW-FS7 model cameras cannot be used.
Benefits provided by previous updates included in version 04:
- Improves AF-C (continuous AF) performance for zooming when attached to an ILCE-9 camera (requires the latest ILCE-9 Camera Firmware Update)
- Improves the startup speed when using the ILCE-9
- Adds supports for continuous, blackout free shooting of up to 20 frames per second when using the ILCE-9
- Improves the autofocus tracking performance during continuous shooting of still images
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Download F2.8 70-200mm zoom G Master lens Firmware Update Ver0.4
The FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM features special coatings (Nano AR and fluorine), a floating focusing system for improved AF performance. The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of just 0.96m (~3.15ft), a SSM and dual linear motors.