Tamron has announced the development of a new 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD telephoto-zoom lens (Model A035) for full-frame DSLR cameras.
The lens is fully compatible with Tamron’s 1.4X tele converter that multiplies the lens’s focal length, and the Tamron TAP-in Console which enables lens customizations for focus adjustments, VC mechanism adjustments and more.
The advanced optical design of the 100-400mm includes 3 LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements for greater aberration reduction and Tamron’s original eBAND Coating for superior anti-reflection performance.
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens Becomes Official
This combination of features and optional accessories join to create a lens that photographers everywhere will enjoy using in various shooting situations, including low-light conditions that require handheld operation as well as those where convenient attachment to a tripod is preferred.
- 3 LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements effectively compensate for axial chromatic aberrations, a potential issue for ultra-telephoto lenses, and other various aberrations
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating, with superior anti-reflection performance to eliminate flare and ghosting, provides flawless, crystal clear images
- High-speed Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit) control system delivers quick and highly responsive autofocus performance and outstanding vibration compensation
- Lightest weight (1,115 g / 39.3 oz.) lens in the ultra-telephoto zoom lens category
- Optional accessory tripod mount is Arca Swiss-compatible
- MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 1.5 m (59 in) and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.6
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and fluorine coating for enhanced weather protection
- Fully compatible with tele converters and TAP-in ConsoleTM
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
Price and availability are to be confirmed.