Fujifilm has announced the XF 50mm F2 R WR and expands weather-resistant prime lens selection.
The compact, lightweight trio of the WR lenses for the X-system is a trio including the XF 35mm F2, 23mm F2 and XF 50mm F2 R WR. The prime optic offers dust and water resistance and is freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C.
When mounted on the Fujifilm’s APS-C cameras, the lens offers a 76mm equivalent view in 35mm format. The lens comprises 9 elements in 7 groups with one aspherical ED element, and uses a stepping motor for autofocus. It weighs only 200g.
The Fujifilm XF 50mm F2 R WR will start shipping from February with a price around $450/£450.
|Check the camera stores for availability|
|Fujifilm XF 50mm F2 R WR||$449||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Fujifilm unveiled the XF 50mm F2 R WR lens
The new XF 50mm F2 R WR is a mid-telephoto lens that is designed to deliver the very best results from Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans CMOS sensor. It is perfect for any type of travel photography. The premium lens is made of metal and glass for a stylish, robust design with a premium feel, while the aperture and focusing rings have been designed to be comfortable and easy to use.
FUJINON XF 50mm F2 R WR Lens Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-sealed at ten points around the barrel for weather and dust resistance; operates as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius
- 9 lens elements in 7 groups including one aspherical ED lens
- Compact, lightweight lens weighs just 200g
- Aperture and focusing rings feature precise click stops and smooth damping for easy operation
- Inner focusing AF system uses a stepping motor to drive lightweight focusing elements for a fast, silent autofocus performance
- Super EBC (Super Electron Beam Coating) ensures high performance by reducing both flare and ghosting