Sony Announces PXW-FS7 Camcorder Firmware Version 2.0 Details
Sony announced that a new firmware update version 2.0 will be available for the new PXW-FS7 4K E-mount full frame camcorder in March 2015.
The Sony PXW-FS7 4K E-mirrorless camcorder is capable of shooting in 4K Quad Full HD (QFHD) and super slow-motion Full HD. It also includes a low-pass video filter, progressive pixel reading and advanced camera processing.
Sony PXW-FS7 camcorder firmware update V2.0 details can be seen below.
Sony PXW-FS7 Camcorder Firmware Version 2.0 Details
- Expands audio recording to four channels audio at 24-bit, 48 KHz.
- Supports DCI compliant 4096 x 2160 XAVC-Intra-frame recording up to 60 fps.
- Adds HD Apple ProRes codecs to enable progressive and interlaced HQ and 422 recording.
- Eliminates “Magenta Cast” in WB preset mode.
- Renames “Color Temp <P>” menu parameter to “Preset White”
- Eliminates need to re-enable “Steady Shot” after power ON/OFF cycle.
- Retains “Paint Menu” settings after power OFF/ON cycle.
Full pdf document with the firmware information can be downloaded from Sony Community.