Canon Patent for 9-18mm Ultra-Wide Angle Lens for EOS M
Canon has filed a new patent in Japan for an EF-M 9-18mm f/3.5-4.5 STM lens.
The patent describes a new 9-18mm Ultra-Wide Angle Lens designed for the EOS M system cameras. The company has filed a same patent for the EF-S version of this lens which is designed for APS-C sized sensored DSLR cameras.
The EOS M system already has the excellent EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens which is priced for $599. See the patent details below.
Canon EF-M 9-18mm f/3.5-4.5 STM Lens Patent Details
- Patent Publication No. 2015-34892
- Published 2015.2.19
- Filing date 2013.8.9
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 1.90
- The focal length f = 9.22 14.67 17.50mm
- Fno. 3.45 4.02 4.63
- Half angle ω = 55.92 42.90 37.92 °
- Image height Y = 13.63mm
- Overall length of the lens 94.76 85.16 91.16mm
- BF 13.06 15.35 13.60mm
- Negative positive and negative positive 4-group zoom
- Inner Focus (third group)
- Video support