Panasonic GH4 Firmware Update 2.1 Scheduled for December
Panasonic announced the new firmware update program for its Lumix GH4 compact system mirrorless camera.
Panasonic GH4 firmware version 2.1 will enable users to embed the time code and recording control signal in the HDMI output signal. Additionally, the update will allow for full 1080 HD 30p/25p native output over HDMI and Full HD 30PsF/25PsF output through SDI when recording video in Full HD 30p/25p.
The Interface Unit DMW-YAGH will also be updated to firmware version 1.1 to support these functional enhancements. The new firmware updates are scheduled to be released with more information in detail at the Panasonic Support Sites in December, 2014.
Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program for LUMIX DMC-GH4 / DMW-YAGH
Firmware update service is scheduled in December of 2014.
- With this firmware, time code and RSS(Recording Start/Stop) signal can be embedded to the HDMI output signal*.
* Available when DMC-GH4 or DMW-YAGH are connected with the products of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd. or the products complying with the extended specifications of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd.
- FHD at 30p/25p native output via HDMI is available while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p.
- FHD at 30PsF(Over 60i) / 25PsF(Over 50i) output via SDI is available while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p.
* When DMW-YAGH is used for SDI output.
*These functions are available when DMC-GH4 or DMW-YAGH are connected with the products of ATOMOS Global Pty. Ltd. or the products complying with the extended specifications of ATOMOS Global Pty. Ltd
The Lumix GH-4 camera features 16MP Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine IX processor with an enhanced fast and accurate Auto Focus (AF) system (approximately 0.07 seconds).