More reviews and field tests for Leica T (Typ 701) mirrorless camera are now available online.
TheCameraStoreTV tested the new Leica T mirrorless camera and they liked it but mention that the only real downside of the camera is it’s price.
Photoreview and ePhotozine also posted their first reviews for the Leica T type 701 camera. See below for their conclusions.
Leica T (Typ 701) Field Test and New Reviews
“What we can say is that Leica has taken a welcome move into the CSC category and produced equipment that looks smart, performs competently and is likely to please those who yearn to experience Leica’s renowned craftsmanship and style.”
“If you are in the market for a unique camera, and have the budget to spend, then the Leica T Typ 701 is certainly capable of producing good results, however we’d be tempted to wait for additional lenses to be released before committing to the system, particularly when there is a much larger range of lenses available for alternative systems.”
Leica T key features:
- 16MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-12500
- 3.7″ 1.3M dot 16:9 touchscreen LCD
- Twin top-plate control dials
- Approx 5 fps continuous shooting
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD movie recording at 30 fps; built-in stereo microphones
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy image sharing, and remote control by smartphone or tablet
- Optional 2.36M dot electronic viewfinder with built-in GPS unit
- Built-in 16GB memory
- Brand new Leica T mount
- 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 and 23mm f/2 lenses
- 11-23mm f/3.5-4.5 and 55-135mm f/3.5-4.5 coming later in the year (at photokina 2014)
- Available in anodized black or natural aluminum finish
LEICA T DIGITAL CAMERA – SILVER – Price: $1,850.00
LEICA T DIGITAL CAMERA – BLACK – Price: $1,850.00
LEICA SUMMICRON-T 23mm/F2 ASPH Lens – Price: $1,950.00
LEICA VARIO-ELMAR-T 18-56mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH Lens – Price: $1,750.00
LEICA M-ADAPTER-T – Price: $395.00
LEICA VISOFLEX VIEWFINDER – BLACK – Price: $595.00
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".