Canon USA released a new firmware update for the EOS-1D X DSLR camera at the beginning of January. Canon EOS-1D X firmware update brings improvements for auto-focus, exposure control, and more.
The Canon Digital Learning Center published a long and detailed article to explain all what you need to know about the firmware update. See below for the details.
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Article By Canon Digital Learning Center
- Autofocus: improve low-light focus capability when tracking moving subjects in AI Servo AF
- Autofocus: expanded range of Accel./Decel. Tracking settings toimprove AI Servo AF stability when focus-tracking subjects moving at a consistent speed.
- AF point management: Orientation Linked AF adds a new option toregister only AF points rather than AF point plus area; Auto AF point selection in AI Servo can now start from the same AF point used last during Manual AF point selection.
- Exposure control: Make Auto ISO even more viable (two important new changes), and a new option to maintain consistent manual exposure, even if aperture changes (such as if a tele extender is removed and shooting immediately begins after it’s removed)
- Customization: New “back-button” options to instantly change AF characteristics on-the-fly