Egami spotted a new patent filed by Canon. New patent describes automatic microadjustment for Canon DSLRs and lenses.
Canon’s new patent makes it available to automate auto-focus microadjustement of lenses, while increasing the reliability AF adjustment. This is definitely a cool feature for DSLR users. See below for the patent details translated by machine.
Canon Patent For Automated Auto-Focus Microadjustement
- Patent Publication No. 2013-254194
- Publication date 2013.12.19
- Filing date 2012.5.11
- Issues surrounding the AF adjustment
- The looseness of the phase difference AF sensor, because the AF accuracy is worse, need AF adjustment
- It is not done correctly the AF adjustment in your environment
- Necessary facilities such as service center
- Canon patents
- Automation of the AF adjustment
- Let me be the difference adjusted value of the phase difference AF and contrast AF
- To determine the reliability
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".