Even the EOS M2 availablity for these markets are not clear yet, DCWatch has posted an interview with Mr Masaya Maeda from Canon Japan. Below are the notes from the interview.
Canon EOS M2 with Built-in EVF Coming in the Second Half of 2014?
- The EOS M camera line is getting smaller and lighter (note the size of the EOS-M2).
- A new EOS M camera with a built-in EVF may be announced in the second half of 2014.
- Hybrid still and video performance is the goal for Canon’s future mirrorless camera projects.
- New lenses for the EOS M system will be coming.
- Canon is exploring a mirrorless camera project for the semi professional market.
- Canon is highly committed to the EOS Cinema.
We think Canon changed their plans and won’t bring the current EOS M2 to the US or Europe. A new EOS M mirrorless camera, the EOS M3 or with another name to be announced in the second half of 2014 with built-in EVF.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".