Nikon Europe has posted several firmware updates for the Nikon DSLR and Coolpix cameras. The firmware updates for the Nikon D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 DSLR cameras and the Coolpix P7700 can be downloaded right from the Nikon Europe Support page.
Firmware updates for the D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 and P7700 cameras fixes the accurate detection of the remaining battery charge for the rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14a. The battery performance/life is also maximized so that more images can be captured on one charge.
Nikon D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 and P7700 Firmware Updates
Modifications enabled in this version
- The remaining battery charge is now accurately detected for the Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14a.
With A firmware ver. 1.01/B firmware ver. 1.01 or earlier, the number of images that can be captured (battery life) when an EN-EL14a is used is less than when an EN-EL14 is used. By upgrading A firmware to ver. 1.02 and B firmware to ver. 1.01, EN-EL14a performance is maximized so that more images can be captured (battery life) than when an EN-EL14 is used.
- Nikon D3100 firmware update 1.02
- Nikon D3200 firmware update C 1.02
- Nikon D5100 firmware update 1.02
- Nikon D5200 firmware update C 1.01
- Nikon Coolpix P7700 firmware update 1.3