Sony has announced smartphone attachable lens-style camera DSC-QX10. The new Sony DSC-QX10 lens camera can be controlled by smartphones, using Wi-Fi or NFC technology.
The Sony DSC-QX10 lens camera features a 10x zoom lens and 1/2.3″ Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and the BIONZ image processor. With the 18.2MP CMOS sensor, Sony QX10 creates sharp, high-resolution images with effective low light capabilities at ISO sensitivities that run to 12800.
Sony DSC-QX10 lens camera module comes with Optical Steady Shot and Wi-Fi with NFC (Near-Field Communications). It is capable of shooting 1440×1080-pixel Full HD 1080p videos at 30fps in the MP4 format, and a built-in stereo microphone records audio. The Sony DSC-QX10 attach to your smartphone with the supplied adapter that fits several popular models.
Sony DSC-QX10 Lens Camera Price
Sony DSC-QX10 lens camera price is $248.00. The new Sony QX10 lens camera module is available to buy from the camera stores below. The Sony DSC-QX10 starts shipping from September 27, 2013. Where to buy Sony DSC-QX10 Smartphone Attachable Lens-Style Camera.
Sony DSC-QX10 Lens Camera Features
- Attach to turn your smartphone into a 10x zoom camera: Simply attach the compact and lightweight DSC-QX10 to turn your smartphone into a 10x optical zoom camera to capture actions up close.
- NFC/Wi-Fi allows simple, one-touch connection with Smartphone: The DSC-QX10 allows One-touch connection with Smartphone via Wi-Fi thanks to NFC. Shoot from your iOS or Android Smartphone and record images with the quality of dedicated camera device.
- Use Apps to edit and share photos instantly online: Millions of Smartphone Apps to choose from for editing and sharing via text, email and various socials like Facebook and Instagram on the fly.
- Uncouple from phone and hold or mount for flexible shooting: The DSC-QX10 can also be used uncoupled from the smartphone. Hold the camera in one hand and your phone in the other, or use the universal tripod screw to mount your camera to any number of mounts to experience versatile, freestyle shooting.
- Shoot and enjoy images thru the smartphone’s large LCD screen: All of the DSC-QX10’s features can be accessed via your smartphone’s LCD screen and the free PlayMemories Mobile App
- Conveniently save images on both camera and phone memory: Images are conveniently saved to both camera and Smartphone’s memory automatically. With the free PlayMemories Mobile App you’ll then be able to hit “Share” on App to organize, edit and share anytime, anywhere.
- Automatically sets the camera in best shooting condition with iAuto: The DSC-QX10 can recognize scenes like low-light, back-lit, macro and more to automatically adjust to make sure you will always get the shot you want.
- Exmor R CMOS sensor for impeccable low light performance: The DSC-QX10 sports a back-illuminated 18MP 1 / 2.3″ Exmor R CMOS sensor producing images with low noise even in low light, far surpassing the quality of images shot on Smartphones
- High grade Sony G Lens with 10x optical zoom: Capture sharp photos with minimal blur even when zoomed in (10x Optical zoom), thanks to Optical SteadyShot image stabilization.
- High-quality 1080/30p HD video with low grain even in low light: Record high quality 1080/30p HD video even in low lighting situations. The MP4 format is ideal for enjoying and sharing your HD movies on your Smartphone, PC, Mac computer or the internet.
Sony DSC-QX10 Lens Camera Product Images
Sony DSC-QX10 Lens Camera Specifications
|Image Sensor||1/2.3 type (7.76mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor|
|Pixels||Number of gross pixels: Approx. 18.9 Megapixels
Number of effective pixels: Approx. 18.2 Megapixels
|Lens||Sony G 9 elements in 7 groups (including 4 aspheric elements)|
|F-number (Maximum Aperture)||F3.3 (W) – 5.9 (T)|
|Focal Length (f = )||f=4.45-44.5mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image 3:2)||N/A|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image 4:3)||f=25-250mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image16:9)||f=27.5-275mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image 1:1)||N/A|
|35mm format equivalent (Movie 16:9)||f=27.5-275mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=27.5-385mm (SteadyShot Active)|
|35mm format equivalent (Movie 4:3)||f=33.5-335mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=33.5-469mm (SteadyShot Active)|
|Focus Range (from front of lens)||iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16′) to Infinity, T: Approx. 150cm (4.92′) to Infinity) / Program
Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16′) to Infinity, T: Approx. 150cm (4.92′) to Infinity)
|Optical Zoom||10x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)|
|Imaging Processor “BIONZ”||Yes|
|Optical SteadyShot Active Mode (Movie)||Yes (Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation)|
|Focus Mode||Multi Point AF
|Light Metering Mode||Multi Pattern|
|Exposure Compensation||+/- 2.0 EV, 1/3 EV step|
|ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)||Auto/100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400*3 /12800*3|
|ISO Sensitivity (Movie)||Auto: (ISO100-1000 level)|
|Minimum Illumination (Movie)||Auto: 20 lux (Shutter Speed 1/30))|
|White Balance Mode||Auto
Flourescent White Balance 1
Flourescent White Balance 2
Flourescent White Balance 3
|Shutter Speed||iAuto (4 – 1/1600) / Program Auto (1 – 1/1600)|
|Aperture||iAuto (F3.3/F8.0 (W)) / Program Auto (F3.3/F8.0 (W))|
|Self-Timer||10sec. / 2sec.|
|Shooting Mode||10sec. / 2sec.
|Number of Recognized Scene||Still Image: Superior Auto 44 / Intelligent Auto 33
|Compatible Recording Media||Memory Stick Micro
Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)
microSD Memory Card
microSDHC Memory Card
|Recording Format||Still Image: JPEG, Movie: MP4|
|Color Space (Still)||sRGB|
|Still Image Size||4:3 mode: 18M (4,896 x 3,672) / 5M (2,592 x 1,944) / 16:9 mode: 13M (4,896 x 2,752) / 2M (1,920 x 1,080)|
|Movie Recording Mode||MP4: 12M (1,440×1080/30fps)|
|GPS / Heading||N/A|
|Maximum Playback Size||Under 14M (4,320 x 3,240)|
|Share it Later||N/A|
|PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)||Yes|
|Input and Output Terminal||Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)|
|NFC||Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)|
|Power Source||DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V (supplied AC Adapter)|
|Battery System||NP-BN (supplied) / NP-BN1 (not supplied)|
|Power Consumption (Camera mode)||Approx. 1.1W|
|USB Charge/USB Power Supply||Yes (Shooting, Playback)|
|Battery Life Still Images||Approx. 200 min with supplied battery / Approx. 100min with optional battery|
|Battery Life Movies (actual shooting)||Approx. 30min. (In [MP4 12M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 15 min. and max. file size is 2GB)|
|Battery Life Movies (cont. shooting)||Approx. 30min [example]. (In [MP4 12M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 15 min. and max. file size is 2GB. )|
|Other Shooting Functions||Face Detection|
|Operating Speed||Start-up Time (Approx. 6.9 sec.) / Shooting Time Lag (Approx. 1.2 sec.)|
|Digital Level Gauge||N/A|
|Scan System||Progressive scan|
|Color Filter||R,G,B primary color mosaic filters|
|Active Mode||Optical and Electronic|
|ISO Sensitivity(REI)||ISO100-3200(iAuto), ISO100-12800(Superior Auto), ISO100-1600(Program Auto)|
|Face Detection||Auto / 8 faces|
|Auto Orientation||On only|
|Recording Format||Still Images: JPEG (DCF, Exif, MPF Baseline) compliant, DPOF compatible|
|Card Capacity (Optional)||Memory Stick Micro: 16GB
microSD Memory Card: 64GB
|NFC||One-touch remote: yes|
|WiFi||Ctrl with Smartphone: Yes
Send to Smartphone: Yes (Select on Smartphone)
|Power Saving||2 min|
|Clock Function,Setting||Yes (Auto Clock ADJ)|
|USB Connect||Mass storage: yes|
|LUN Settings (Multi/Single)||Multi|
|Voltage (with supplied battery)||Maximum Voltage: 4.2V
Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
|Shutter Release Time Lag||Approx. 0.037 sec.|
|Operating Temperature||32 degrees F. – 104 degrees F. (0 degrees C. – +40 degrees C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.5 x 2.5 x 1.2″ (62.4 x 61.8 x 30mm)|
|Weight||3.7 oz (105g)|