Egami (translated) spotted a Canon patent concerning an image stabilized lens for astro-photography. The lens is designed to track celestial objects, like stars etc.. Canon has a DSLR specifically designed for astro-photography, the EOS 60Da.
This new patent will probably be enhanced by an upgrade to the current EOS-60Da camera, with additional features like GPS, auto leveling, and the more powerful DIGIC 6 processor.
Canon Filed Patent Image Stabilized Lens For Astro-Photography
- Patent Publication No. 2013-77910
- Publication date 2013.4.25
- Filing date 2011.9.29
- Canon patent
- In the lens anti-vibration mechanism from etc., let me change the direction of the optical axis
- From the GPS, etc., I ask the coordinates and altitude
- Detects the inclination of the posture from the electronic level, etc., to determine the direction of the optical axis
- Calculate the speed and direction of movement of celestial angle of view, and controls the lens according to the calculation result