Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Version 1.2.4 Available for Download
Canon has released a new firmware update for the EOS-1D X digital SLR camera. The firmware update version 1.2.4 for the Canon EOS-1D X is now officially available for download from here.
The Canon EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera features tough magnesium alloy body, large 3.2″ LCD, the Intelligent Viewfinder, and 18.1Mp CMOS sensor.
The newest Version 1.2.4 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes :
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Version 1.2.4
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Reduces the time it takes to display the metering result on the LCD or Viewfinder when the meter has been activated.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a “Caution 02” message is unnecessarily recorded in the camera status log.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which continuous shooting pauses when using a Canon Speedlite.
- Fixes a phenomenon, when the Canon GP-E1 is attached, in which the GPS device settings are reset to default settings when the camera has been powered off.
- This phenomenon occurs only with firmware Ver. 1.2.1.
- After changing the GPS device settings, please be sure to power off the camera before removing the battery. This will ensure that the camera’s GPS device settings will be saved.
Firmware Version 1.2.4 is for cameras with firmware version 1.2.1 or earlier. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating your camera’s firmware, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately seven minutes.