Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Nikon D7100 DSLR. The Nikon D7100 underwater housing is named as NA-D7100. Suggested petail price for Nikon D7100 underwater housing is $1,500. The NA-D7100 is designed specifically for the new Nikon D7100, and represents the latest level of development, engineering and ergonomics in underwater camera housings.
Nikon D7100 underwater housing NA-D7100 will be shipping from 5 May at a US retail price of $3,200. The NA-D7100 features ISO, image review, record and AF/AE lock levers, a new lever to activate the camera’s info button and a locking control for the mode dial lock button. The specs of their housing for the Nikon D7100 DSLR camera can be seen below.
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 3.3kg
- Dimensions (with handles mounted): 350mm x 190mm x 135mm
Nikon D7100 Underwater Housing : Nauticam NA-D7100
|Rugged housing body milled from solid aluminum||100m depth rating and built to last|
|Patented port locking lever||easy and safe port mounting, solidly locks port in place|
|Knobby command dials||can be operated even with thick gloves on|
|Patented housing locking latches||secure but easy to use|
|Rubberized handle grips||comfortable and placed for optimum access to controls|
|Lens release button||easy changeout of lenses without removing camera from housing|
|Drop in camera tray||no need to preset controls, just drop in and it is ready to go|
|Fiber optic ports||accurate flash exposure (TTL) with Inon/Sea&Sea strobes|
|Bulkhead for optional accessories||HDMI Monitor, sync cables, remote control, etc.|
|Viewfinder, 0.66x||Enhanced 180º and 45º viewfinders optional|
|Laser cut stainless steel handle brackets||for extra stability when using heavy lighting|
|Light mounting balls||2 handle mounted balls standard, mounting balls for housing optional|
|Tripod mounting points||important for macro video shooters|
|Control labeling||easy to find and understand control functions|
Housing for Nikon D7100
Nauticam is pleased to announce the latest release in its acclaimed line of precision crafted camera housings, the NA-D7100.
The NA-D7100 is designed specifically for the new Nikon D7100, and represents the latest level of development, engineering and ergonomics in underwater camera housings. The NA-D7100 builds on the heritage and success of Nauticam housings for Nikon D7000, D600 and D800. The very capable D7100 is Nikon’s best DX format camera ever, and is an ideal camera for the serious enthusiast to the seasoned professional. Lens support is the widest in the industry, and Nauticam offers a huge range of supporting accessories.
The NA-D7100 Housing.
Nauticam pioneered numerous engineering breakthroughs in previous housings that now come standard on the NA-D7100. The patented housing Locking Latch System has received acclaim worldwide for its ease and functionality. These recessed latches are equipped with safety locks, reduce bulk and require minimal physical effort to engage and release. Port changes have never been simpler than utilizing the Patented Nauticam locking port release. No wrestling, no twisting, no misalignment – just seat and lock. Lens changes are also easily accomplished without removing the camera from the housing using the lens release button logically accessed on the housing front. The lightweight, rugged Nauticam handles are generously contoured with a durable over-mold process of comfortable non-slip rubber.
NA-D7100 Controls (advantages/usage underwater):
- Sensitive two stage shutter release (easy to gauge half press; gives fine control over the shutter release).
- AE-L AF-L Lever (strategically placed for easy thumb focus or thumb focus lock).
- Front Command Dial directly under shutter release (change aperture effortlessly).
- Rear Command Dial at top of housing (change shutter speed without removing hand from grips).
- Multi Controller Pad controls the multi-selector (instantly change focus points, even diagonally).
- Manual Zoom/Focus Knob (zoom/focus the lens without a reach).
- ISO Paddle at left thumb (ISO has become a key control, especially for video).
- Flash pop up (pop up flash and control over flash compensation).
- Flash down (instant switching between flash and ambient).
- Playback button lever at left thumb (makes reviewing images easy).
- Release mode dial (switch to continuous for fast shooting).
- Info Button (easily accessed with right thumb to view camera settings on the main LCD).
- Mode dial (switch from P to A to M modes easily).
- Trash, Menu, WB/?, Qual/+, Info Push Buttons (all available easily with left thumb).
- Movie/Still mode lever (accurately preview the 16×9 aspect ratio for movies).
- Live view (flip to live view easily with the right thumb).
- Start/stop video on thumb paddle (start video without inducing camera shake).
- AF-M Lever (switch to manual focus for non manual focus override lenses).
- Exposure compensation on right thumb lever (change exposure compensation quickly).
- Metering mode (easily change to spot for manual blue water metering).
- On/off (no need to preset camera).
The quality of an image is only as good as the glass it was captured with, and Nauticam firmly belives that every lens that makes sense to be used underwater should be supported. Nauticam’s lineup of ports, together with Zen Underwater dome ports is the most complete and extensive in the industry. Nauticam carefully evaluates new lenses, and is often first to market with support when a new lens is offered. Nauticam also provides the industry’s only locking extension rings in every size potentially required, thus preventing port slippage when using extension rings. Nauticam additionally offers a full range of port adapters allowing existing housing owners to use their current ports, reducing the cost of switching to a Nauticam housing. Port Adapters are available for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion lens ports.
A high-resolution camera like the Nikon D7100 demands perfect focus for optimal results. Fortunately, Nauticam has developed the most user-friendly interchangeable precision viewfinders in the world. The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics allow viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
Nauticam’s NA-DP4 housing for the Small HD DP4 Monitor can take video performance to another level by rendering the video image in a position more amenable to the shooter. The monitor housing easily mounts to the top of the NA-D7100 and utilizes the optional HDMI Bulkhead for true HDMI connectivity. Utilizing DP4 features like Focus Peaking, Focus Assist, False Color, 1:1 Mapping and more, this larger monitor vastly improves composition, focus capability and exposure.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".