Canon EOS 6D full frame DSLR camera detailed features, tech specs are below.
The Canon EOS 6D digital SLR camera features a 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, a wide ISO range of 100-25600, expandable to L: 50, H1: 51200, and H2: 102400, for incredible image quality even in low light. DIGIC 5+ Image Processor delivers enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed and new 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity allows focusing in extreme low-light conditions, and with continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps, you are ready to capture fast action.
Canon EOS 6D Features
- Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, a wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light, and the next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV-3 sensitivity for focusing in extreme low-light conditions and a bright, high-quality viewfinder for easy focusing.
- iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps for capturing fast-action.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p(29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p) with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time: 29 minutes, 59seconds), selectable “All i-frame” (UHS-I Card is required) or IPB compressions
- Built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, share your images with Wi-Fi® enabled Canon cameras, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone – Use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (Requires EOS Remote app)
- Built-in GPS## Receiver records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- Compact and lightweight body with shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles, enhanced dust-and-weather resistance, and EOS Integrated Cleaning Systemfor improved vibration-based dust removal.
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor, 160° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes expand creative possibilities, and Scene Intelligent Auto and Special Scene Modes lets you achieve high-quality images with ease
- Compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High-Speed (UHS-I) cards.
Canon EOS 6D Tech Specifications
|Type||Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera|
|Recording Media||SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
* Compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) memory cards.
|Image Sensor Size||35.8mm x 23.9mm (Full-Frame)|
|Compatible Lenses||Canon EF lenses (except EF-S and EF-M lenses)|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF mount|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS Sensor|
|Pixels||Effective pixels: Approx. 20.2 megapixels|
|Total Pixels||Total pixels: Approx. 20.6 megapixels|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)|
|Pixel Unit||6.55 um square|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)|
|Color Filter System||RGB primary color filters|
|Low-pass Filter||Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor|
|Dust Deletion feature||Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
|Recording Format||Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and EXIF 2.30|
|Image Type||Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
|RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording||Yes
Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded simultaneously
|Size||Large: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
Medium: Approx. 8.9 megapixels (3,648 x 2,432)
Small 1: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
Small 2: Approx. 2.5 megapixels (1920 x 1280)
Small 3: Approx. 350,000 pixels (720 x 480)
RAW: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
M RAW: Approx. 11.0 megapixels (4,104 x 2,736)
S RAW: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
|File Numbering||Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset|
|Color Space||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Picture Style||Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3|
|Backup Recording||Not Availabled|
|White Balance Settings||Auto, Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000° – 10,000°K), Color Temperature (Approx. 2,500° – 10,000°K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing|
|Auto White Balance||Auto white balance with the image sensor|
|Color Temperature Compensation||Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
* Correction based on the current WB mode’s color temperature
|Color Temperature Info Transmission||Provided|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism)|
|Viewfinder Coverage||Vertical/Horizontal approx. 97%|
|Viewfinder Magnification / Angle||Approx. 0.71x / 33.3 Degree|
|Viewfinder Eyepoint||Approx. 21mm (from eyepiece lens center)|
|Built-in Dioptric Adjustment||-3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)|
|Focusing Screen||Eg-A II provided. Interchangeable with Eg-D and Eg-S. Incompatible with Eg-A.|
|Viewfinder Mirror||Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)|
|Viewfinder Information||AF information:AF points and focus confirmation
Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning
Flash information:Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock
Image information:Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information
Composition information: Electronic level
|Depth-of-Field Preview||Enabled with depth-of-field preview button|
|AF Points||11 pointsall cross-type AF (f/2.8 at center: Dual Cross Sensor)
Center: cross-type at f/5.6; vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8.
Upper and lower AF points: vertical line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
Other AF points: Horizontal line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
|AF Working Range||Center AF Point: EV -3 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
Other AF points: EV +0.5 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
|Focusing Modes||Autofocus: One-Shot AF – AI Servo AF – AI Focus AF
|AF Point Selection||Automatic selection
|Selected AF Point Display||Displayed or indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.|
IR AF-assist beam only
|Metering Modes||Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC with the following selectable modes:
1) Evaluative metering
2) Partial metering (center: approx. 8% of viewfinder)
3) Spot metering (center: approx. 3.5% of viewfinder)
4) Center-weighted average metering
|Metering Range||EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)|
|Exposure Control||Creative Zone
Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Manual exposure, Bulb, Custom shooting mode,
Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable), Creative Auto
Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control mode
|ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index)||Auto and Manual setting range of ISO 100-25600 (expansion possible to ISO 50, ISO 51200 and 102400) in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)|
|Exposure Compensation||Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
AEB : ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
|Shutter Type||Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled|
|Shutter Speeds||1/4000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/180 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)|
|Shutter Release||Soft-touch electromagnetic release|
|Shutter Lag Time||(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.060 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.144 sec.
* Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3.5 stops or less (Excludes AF operation time).
|Self-timer||10-sec. or 2-sec. delay|
|Compatible Speedlites||EX-series Speedlites|
|Flash Metering||E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering)|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments|
|External Speedlite Control||Provided
* Compatible with radio wireless flash photography.
|Drive Modes||(1) Single shooting
(2) Continuous shooting
(3) Silent single shooting
(4) Silent continuous shooting
(5) 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control
(6) 2-sec. self-timer
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Continuous shooting: Max. approx. 4.5 fps
Silent continuous shooting: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
|Maximum Burst||Based on 8GB memory Card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 73 Shots
RAW: Approx. 14 Shots
RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 7 Shots
Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 1250 Shots
RAW: Approx. 17 Shots
RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots
1. FlexiZone – Single * One-point, contrast AF. Switching to another AF point is possible.
2. Face Detection Live mode
* Face detection, contrast AF. Face is selectable.
2. Face Detection Live mode
* Face detection, contrast AF. Face is selectable.
3. Quick Mode AF
* Phase-difference AF with 11 AF points.
(2) Manual Focus 1. Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
|Metering Modes||Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 11% of Live View screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 3% of Live View screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
|Metering Range||EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)|
|Grid Display||Provided (Two-type grid displays)|
|Silent Shooting||Provided (Mode 1 and 2)|
|Video File Format||MOV (Image data: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Video Frame Rates||1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
|Video ISO Range||Auto ISO range: ISO 100-12800
Manual ISO range: ISO 100-12800 in 1/3- or whole-stop increments (expandable to H: ISO 16000/20000/25600)
* If highlight tone priority is set, automatically set within ISO 200 or higher.
|Video Shooting Time||Based on 8GB Memory card
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps/25 fps/24 fps:
32 min. with IPB compression
11 min. with All-I compression
[1280 x 720]
60 fps/50 fps:
37 min. with IPB compression
12 min. with All-I compression
[640 x 480]
30 fps/25 fps:
97 min. with IPB or All-I compression
|LCD Monitor Type||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Monitor Size||3.0-inches (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
|Monitor Dots||Approx: 1,040,000 dots|
|Monitor Coverage||Approx. 100%|
|Brightness Adjustment||Manually adjustable to one of 7 levels|
|Interface Languages||25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian,Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)|
|Image Playback Display Format||Single image display
Two types of single-image full display, two types of shooting information
o 4-image index and 9-image index
Jump 1/10/100 images, Shooting Date, Folder, Movies, Stills, or Rating
|Highlight Alert||With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink.|
|Histogram||Brightness and RGB can be displayed.|
|USB Terminal||For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)|
|Audio/Video (Out) Terminal||Audio/Video (Out) Terminal (1) AV stereo OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
(2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal (Type C)
|Remote Control Terminal||N3-type terminal|
|Battery||One Battery Pack LP-E6
With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6, AC power is possible.
With Battery Grip BG-E13, two battery packs (LP-E6) can be used. Or six AA-sized/LR6 batteries can be used
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 5.7 x 4.4 x 2.8 in./ 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm|
|Weight||Approx. 26.7 oz. / 755g (CIPA standard)
Approx. 24.0 oz. / 680g (Body only)
Canon EOS 6D sales price is $2099.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".