Fujifilm is launching three new 16 megapixel cameras into its spring 2013 range, the Fuji FinePix S6600, S6700 and S6800 announced.
Fujifilm S6800 Technical Specs
Fujifilm Press Release
The FinePix Long zoom camera with Full HD movie, new S6800 series from Fujifilm
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to launch three new bridge cameras into its spring 2013 range, the FinePix S6600, S6700 and S6800. Highly regarded for their powerful optical zoom, Full HD movie, ease-of-use and compact nature, these bridge cameras are an excellent choice.
1. Powerful optical zoom and powerful Optical Image Stabilization
The S6600, S6700, and S6800 bridge cameras are all equipped with powerful FUJINON optical zoom lenses, 26x, 28x and 30x respectively. Plus there’s no need to worry about blurry images from camera shake or subject movement, even at high sensitivities of ISO 12800, as they’re all armed with OIS (Sensor Shift). Furthermore for the more artistic among us, great results can be achieved with the clever Super Macro mode down to 2cm.
|Model name||Zoom||35mm format equivalent|
2. Fast autofocus, quick response and high image quality
These cameras all house 16 megapixels 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensors, which captures excellent quality low noise shots at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800. With autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds*, start-up times of 1.0 seconds*, a 0.5 seconds interval* between shots and a continuous shooting speed of 10fps (MAX.10frames, full resolution)*, you’ll never miss another shot. What’s more, ultra-high–speed shooting of up to 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 x 960)* and up to 120 fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 x 480)*, is also available enabling you to capture the action in slow-motion.
3. Full HD movie recording 1080i/60fps with stereo sound
Movie recording is as easy as taking pictures, with a dedicated Movie button to start recording instantly. The high resolution, 1080i movie capture at 60fps and slow-motion capture at 480fps** is superb when played back on HD TV screens and what’s more, still photos can also be taken during video recording thanks to the ingenious, multi-tasking design. With a number of advanced movie-editing features, including “movie trimming” to cut unwanted footage from movies, and “movie join” to merge multiple separate clips into a single movie.
4. Advanced Photographic Support
Along with the easy grip surfaces, there is a convenient secondary zoom control on the side of each camera’s lens barrel, which provides you the option of adjusting the zoom with your left hand. For hassle-free photography the user can choose from three zoom speeds, or use the Auto Return Zoom control to reach high-magnification focal points. S6800 series come with a Mode Dial to change shooting modes easier.
5. Fujifilm S6800 Series Key features list:
- FUJINON Super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle lens, f/3.1 to 5.9)
Model name Zoom 35mm format equivalent FinePix S6600 26x 24-624mm FinePix S6700 28x 24-672mm FinePix S6800 30x 24-720mm
- 2cm Super Macro shooting
- 16 million pixels 1/2.3inch BSI-CMOS sensor;
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 sec. in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting; 8fps(MAX.10frames, full resolution), 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 x 960), 120 fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 x 480)
- Start-up time of 1.0 sec.
- Shooting interval time of 0.5 sec.
- Optical Image Stabilisation (Sensor Shift)
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- Bright 3.0-inch Tilting LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- Dual zoom lever
- Shooting functions; Individual Shutter 3D shooting, Motion Panorama and more.
- Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- 3-lebel zoom switch
- 4 x AA alkaline batteries with an approx. 320 shot battery life
- Available in Black, White, and Red.
- *Fujifilm research based on CIPA guidelines and conducted in “High Performance” mode.
- **High Speed Movie can be recorded at the following speeds and sizes: 480fps (320 x 120 pixels), 240fps (320 x 240 pixels), 120fps (640 x 480 pixels)