Here are the Sigma 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens Photos and Specs. Sigma has been aggressively releasing lenses for X mount and APS-C lately. The wide-angle zoom lens is scheduled to be officially announced on October 5th, 2023 for Sony E and Fujifilm X mount.
“DC” means this lens is designed for APS-C. The strongest competitor for this lens would be the current Tamron 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD, which costs $829 at Amazon/ B&H. Moreover, there will also be a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 for E mount and L-mount mirrorless cameras on that day.
Sigma 10-18mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens Specs
- Mounts: L-mount, Sony E, Fujifilm X
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 10 groups (3 FLD, 1 SLD and 4 ASPH elements)
- Viewing Angle: 109.7°-76.5° (APS-C)
- Aperture blades: 7 rounded
- Aperture range: f/2.8-22
- Minimum focusing distance: 11.6 (W) 19.1 (T) cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:4 (W) 1:6.9 (T)
- Dimensions (maximum diameter x length): Ø72.2 mm × 62.0 mm
- Filter diameter: Ø67 mm
- Weight: 260 g
Sigma Lens Format Abbreviations
Sigma is one of the largest third-party lens manufacturers and, as such, designs lenses for a variety of sensor sizes.
These lenses are designed especially for cameras with APS-C sensors. The smaller image size makes possible a compact, lightweight format that offers outstanding flexibility and maneuverability.
These lenses are designed for exceptional performance on mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras with a short flange back distance.