The new Nikon Z8 is now in stock and shipping at all the major US stores. Looks like the new batch fixed all previously reported issues.
Like the Z9, the Nikon Z8 is built for high-end video and stills. Inside the camera are the same 45.7-megapixel stacked CMOS sensor and EXPEED 7 processor that sit in the Z9. This enables the Nikon Z8 to record in-camera 12-bit raw video at up to 8.3K at 60p or 4.1K at 120p. The camera’s 12-bit raw footage is saved in Nikon’s N-RAW file format, which is half the size of a ProRes RAW HQ file, and in-camera Full-HD proxy files are created when shooting internal 8.3K N-RAW or 4.1K ProRes RAW HQ.
Nikon Z8 Key Features:
- 45.7MP FX-Format Stacked CMOS Sensor
- Lightweight Design, 30% Smaller than Z9
- 8.3K 60p N-RAW, 4.1K 60p ProRes RAW
- 8K30p and 4K120p Video, 10-Bit Internal
- Up to 20 fps Raw, 30 fps JPEG Shooting
- 493-Point AF, AI-Based Subject Detection
- Blackout-Free Real Live Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 4-Axis Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- CFx Type B & SD Memory Card Slots
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth