Some fascinating details have recently leaked about Nikon’s latest innovation, the APS-C wide-angle zoom Z DX 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR lens. This wide-angle zoom lens is designed specifically for Nikon’s Z-series DX cameras, boasting an array of features that will surely ignite the imaginations of both videographers and still photographers alike.
It is worth noting that the Z DX 12-28mm PZ VR lens is a very video production conscious zoom lens. However, it should be noted that the maximum aperture varies depending on the focal length, which may require some adjustments when shooting with manual exposure. For optimum results, fixing the aperture to F5.6 at the telephoto end can provide breathtaking visuals with excellent depth of field, giving you unparalleled creative control over your shots.
Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 12-28mm f/3.5-5.6 PZ VR Lens Specifications
- Type: Nikon Z-series mount
- Format: DX
- Focal length: 12 – 28mm
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5 to 5.6
- Minimum aperture: f/16 to 25
- Lens structure: 12 lenses in 11 groups (including 1 ED lens and 1 aspherical lens)
- DX format: 99° to 53°
- Focus system: Internal focusing system
- Minimum focusing distance (measured from the focal plane): 0.19m at all zoom positions
- Maximum reproduction rate: 0.21x
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization: Yes
- Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (round aperture)
- Aperture range:
- 12mm zoom position: f/3.5 to 16
- 28mm zoom position: f/5.6 to 25
- Filter size: 67 mm
- Dimensions: 72mm x 63.5mm
- Weight: approx. 205g
- Autofocus: Yes
- Internal focus: Yes
- Focusing: Automatic, Manual
- Supplied accessories: LC-67B Lens Cap (front cap), LF-N1 Lens Cap (back cap)
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!