Sony ZV-1F Vlogging Camera Officially Announced, Price $498
Sony today has officially announced the new ZV-1F Vlogging camera. At $499, the ZV-1F is Sony’s newest, and most affordable, ZV-series camera.
The Sony ZV-1F will be available on October 24 for $499. This is $300 less than the launch price of the existing ZV-1 model. The camera is compatible with optional accessories like Sony’s Bluetooth Shooting Grip and on-camera mics, although the ZV-1F includes a windscreen in the box for its 3-capsule mic.
The ZV-1F pairs a 20.1MP Type-1 stacked Exmor RS image sensor with a built-in, fixed 20mm F2 lens. The wide-angle lens is ideal for selfie video and the camera is designed to be held at arm’s length. To make it easier to hold, it’s also compact and lightweight, weighing just 256 grams (about 9 ounces). The camera has the same 3-inch vari-angle display as the ZV-1 and sports a smartphone-inspired touchscreen interface.
Sony ZV-F1 at B&HPhoto, Adorama, Amazon
Sony ZV-1F Vlogging Camera Features
- 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- ZEISS 20mm-Equivalent f/2-f/8 Lens
- UHD 4K30p Video Recording
- 3.0″ Side Flip-Out Touchscreen LCD
- Background Defocus & Face Priority AE
- 5x Slow Motion & 60x Hyperlapse Modes
- Directional 3-Capsule Mic & Mic Jack
- High-Quality Livestreaming
- Easy Smartphone Connection
High-Quality Stills, Video, and Audio
The ZV-1F was designed for vloggers and content creators to capture high-quality content in a compact form factor. These features and technologies include:
- Ultra-wide 20mm1 F2.0 prime lens, perfect for selfie-style recording
- Background bokeh in both stills and video to make the subject easily stand out
- Compact and lightweight, weighing approximately 8.1 ounces2 (229 grams)
- Face Priority AE (auto exposure) that automatically adjusts the brightness based on the subject’s face, even in situations with large changes in lighting.
- High precision focusing and Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animals3, with touchscreen operation
- Directional 3-Capsule Mic and wind screen provide clear voice recording and reduced background noise in windy or loud conditions
- Steady and smooth footage with Active Mode4 image stabilization
- S&Q mode5 to shoot in both slow motion at 5x slower speed6 and quick motion at 60x faster7 hyperlapse speed
Designed for Easy Content Creation
The ZV-1F was developed for content creators of all levels, including those who may be stepping up to a compact camera for the first time. The camera is designed with a handful of features for easy content creation and streamlined editing, including:
- Vari-Angle LCD touch screen to easily change features and settings, including zoom8
- Background Defocus Function to quickly blur the background, even while recording video
- Product Showcase Setting to automatically and seamlessly shift focus between a face and products
- Self-timer9 for both stills and video
- Recording lamp and red frame on the screen to indicate when recording has started and stopped
- Ten preset Creative Look options to automatically add a specific look
- ‘Soft Skin Effect’ feature to add skin smoothing options as desired
- Compatible with the GP-VPT2BT10 Shooting Grip/tripod with Wireless Bluetooth™ control
- Accessory shoe11 to easily attach an external microphone
- Remote camera control capabilities and simple file transfer for sharing to popular social media platforms with Sony’s new Imaging Edge Mobile Plus™12 smartphone application
- Shot Mark13 to efficiently reference key clips or cut out and transfer specific 15, 30, or 60 second14 marked clips to their smartphone and post directly to social without editing.
- High-quality live-streaming device or web camera, with appropriate video streaming, conference application or similar software, when connected to a computer or smartphone via USB15
Supporting a Sustainable Future
The ZV-1F was designed with features and technology for sustainable future in mind. Recycled materials16 including SORPLASTM are used in both the camera body and bundled accessories like the newly-developed wind screen17 that have been adapted to maintain performance. Plant-based non-woven fabrics are used for product bags to reduce disposable plastic packaging.
Pricing and Availability
The new ZV-1F will be available in late October for approximately $500 USD and $650 CAD. It will be sold at a variety of Sony’s authorized dealers throughout North America.
For detailed product information, please visit:
A product video on the new ZV-1F can be viewed HERE.
Exclusive stories and exciting new content shot with the new ZV-1F and Sony’s other imaging products can be found at www.alphauniverse.com, a site created to educate and inspire all fans and customers of Sony α – Alpha brand.