The Panasonic Lumix DC-GH6 is the latest in a line of high-end Micro Four Thirds video cameras The Panasonic Lumix GH6 camera is now available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. The US price is $2,197.99. Shipping is scheduled to start on March 25, 2022.
The GH6 can shoot a vast range of 4K-focused video modes, including slow-motion from 120 fps capture, full-sensor ‘open gate’/anamorphic shooting and capture in industry standard formats such as ProRes 422 and 422HQ.
The GH6 is built around a sensor with parallel high and low-gain readouts to deliver a ‘Dynamic Range Boost’ mode that Panasonic says delivers more than 13 stops of dynamic range at higher ISO settings. It becomes the first GH camera to use the full VariCam V-Log profile.
- 25MP CMOS sensor with parallel readouts
- Built-in fan for unlimited recording
- UHD or DCI 4K in 10-bit 4:2:2 at up to 60p
- Slow-mo UHD or DCI 4K in 10-bit 4:2:0 at up to 120 fps
- 5.7K full-width capture at up to 60p
- 5.8K Full-sensor ‘open gate’/anamorphic capture at up to 30p
- Full V-Log/V-Gamut shooting
- Range of capture formats including ProRes 422 and 422 HQ
- 1 x CFexpress Type B, 1 x UHS-II SD slot
- Stabilization rated to 7.5EV, maintained at longer focal lengths with Dual IS 2 lenses
- Tilt-and-articulating screen from S1H
- Full-sized Type A HDMI socket
- 14 fps shooting with AF-S, 8 with AF-C (75 fps with e-shutter)
Promised via future firmware:
- Direct recording to SSD over USB
- ProRes recording for DCI 4K and Full HD
- HDMI interface to v2.1 standard
- 4K/120 over HDMI with live view and 4K/120 Raw stream over HDMI