Nikon released a new firmware update version 1.40 for the Nikon D6 flagship full frame DSLR camera.
The D6 is Nikon’s first professional DSLR not to offer support for Compact Flash media. Unlike the D5, the D6 will ship with dual XQD / CFExpress card slots. At the heart of the D6 is a 20.8MP sensor, offering the same resolution as the D5, but it’s now coupled with a new Expeed 6 processor and offers up to 14fps burst shooting with ‘E-type’ lenses (those with electromagnetically controlled diaphragms). Switch into live view, and the D6 will shoot silently at up to 10.5fps at full resolution – users can also opt for 30fps for 8MP files and 60fps for 2MP files if needed. The native ISO range covers values of 100 to 102,400, with an expansion range up to 3.2 million.
Nikon D6 Firmware Update Version 1.40 Now Available
Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.33 to 1.40
Download link: Nikon D6 Firmware Update Version 1.40
- Added a Select all to send (wired LAN/WT) item to the playback “i” menu that can be used to mark for upload all pictures that meet the criteria currently selected for filtered playback.
- Changes have been made to the buttons used to mark pictures for upload when the camera is connected to a computer or FTP server:
- Pictures can now be marked for priority upload by holding the OK button and pressing the multi selector left.
- Holding the OK button and pressing the center of the multi selector now marks pictures for non-priority upload.
- Fixed the following issues:
- Auto white balance would not perform as expected if (a) white balance was not among the settings recalled via Custom Setting f3 (Custom controls) > Recall shooting functions or Recall shooting functions (hold) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU or (b) a Recall shooting functions or Recall shooting functions (hold) operation was performed while exposure and white balance were locked using a control assigned AE/AWB lock (hold) via Custom Setting f3 (Custom controls) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
- Aperture would be reset when the preview button was pressed to zoom in on the live view display at maximum aperture.
In addition, Nikon also released the new Picture Control Utility 2 (Mac) Version 2.4.10 as well as NX Studio (Mac) Version 1.1.1.
- Added support for macOS Monterey version 12.
- This software update program is for the customer-owned product listed above (Mac), and is provided only on acceptance of the agreement
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!