The Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a versatile DX-format zoom lens that’s compact, lightweight and features a 7.8x zoom. It has a minimum focus distance of 0.20m, features vibration reduction as well as an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism for precise aperture control and stable exposure control. It’s also sealed to protect it against dust and water.
Pricing and Availability:
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR telephoto zoom lens will be available starting in November (US) for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $599.95. The lens is Available for Pre-order at B&H and Adorama.
Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Features:
- Compact and lightweight body
- 7.8x zoom lens
- A minimum focus distance of 0.20m at wide focal lengths
- Vibration reduction mode, allowing the user to shoot at shutter speeds of up to 5 stops slower with no camera shake
- Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism, using signals from the camera for even more precise aperture control and consistently stable exposure control
- Great for videos and stills, with easy-to-use controls
- Sealed to protect from dust and drips
The lens achieves consistently high resolution, regardless of focal length or shooting distance, making it a great choice for both still shooting and video recording. Its short minimum focus distance of 0.2m at the maximum wide-angle position lets users capture dynamic close-up shots such as shooting flowers or tabletop photography. The lens also realizes high vibration reduction (VR) performance with an effect equivalent to a 5.0-stop1 increase in shutter speed for more stable and sharp photos even during telephoto shooting or in low-light situations where vibration is likely to occur.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.